Chalean Extreme using resistance bands

Options
Has anyone else done Chalean Extreme using the resistance bands? What colors (weights) did you get? I just ordered it and so far I have the teal (5 lbs), pink (15 lbs) and magenta (20 lbs) bands...would you recommend getting any heavier ones or is that good for a beginner?

TIA!

Replies

• briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That should be good for a beginner. When I first did it I only had a 5 lb set of dumbbells and then eventually I added a set of 10's. I still gained a ton of muscle just from using those. My parents got me the bowflex dumbbells for Christmas and then I redid it and really went heavy. So you should be in great shape to get started!!! Did you just get the program?
  • briggsy13
    Options
    and they show you in the dvds how to "choke up" on the bands which increase the resistance.
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    That should be good for a beginner. When I first did it I only had a 5 lb set of dumbbells and then eventually I added a set of 10's. I still gained a ton of muscle just from using those. My parents got me the bowflex dumbbells for Christmas and then I redid it and really went heavy. So you should be in great shape to get started!!! Did you just get the program?

thanks! im glad thats enough. I want the bowflex ones but im way too cheap lol. Im doing turbofire and now and wanted to buy the advanced CDs so i ordered it all at once to save the shipping lol so itll be a while before i get started on it.
  • briggsy13
    Options

thanks! im glad thats enough. I want the bowflex ones but im way too cheap lol. Im doing turbofire and now and wanted to buy the advanced CDs so i ordered it all at once to save the shipping lol so itll be a while before i get started on it.

Keep an eye on your craigslist for weights. I found my set for $255 and they were like brand new. The guy had a back injury and wasn't able to lift anymore. Plus my parents paid for them, but a whole lot cheaper!!!