FitBit, anyone?

Options
I just bought a FitBit and am using it to track my daily activity and sleep. Has anyone else had success using it? Also, what do you do when you are away from your computer for a long period of time? I am planning to go to Russia for three weeks this summer, and do not know how I will be able to get the data from my FitBit on to my computer, or how I will charge it. Should I just buy another pedometer that does not need to be synced with the computer?

Thanks!

Replies

• breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love mine and use it everyday. As far as the computer goes it only stores up for 1 week.... Good luck
  • cypresskate
    Options
    I did not know that. Thank you for the tip. I guess I'll have to get an old-school pedometer for my trip. :)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It stores detailed data for just one week, but amount of steps and such for a longer time. Not sure how long. For charging, you can hook up the base station to any USB adaptor for loading, it doesn't need to be plugged in to a computer for power.

So you can just look at your daily steps on the fitbit as you could with other pedometers and still get some data when you come back home.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit and use it constantly - and have done so for more than a year.

Take the charging and wireless dongles with you. You can plug the USB charger into a plug (like you use for an iPhone or iPod) and plug it in to the wall to charge it.

If you have access to a computer, you can easily download the software and sync to your account from anywhere in the world. If you are staying in someone's home or a hotel, they will likely have a computer you can use. Otherwise, go to an internet cafe. Finally, i think the latest FitBits can sync via bluetooth with the later iPhones and iPads.
  • cypresskate
    Options
    Thank you all for the information. I will be on a ship, so I do not know if wi-fi is a possibility, but I can definitely charge it while I'm there. I've been using my FitBit every day for a couple of weeks, and I love how it motivates me to get my 10,000 steps each day.