Anyone want to be my friend?!

Options
Hi I'm Emsie from the UK. I am 28 years old and struggled with my weight the past four years. I have rapidly gone up 70 pounds in this time mainly due to no exercise, comfort eating and being very unhappy in myself and life. I am 200lbs at the moment and 5 ft 2 in. My aim is to lose the 60 lbs to start with and see how I feel then.
Some days I have great days and do lots of active things while others I struggle! My first weigh in is on Wednesday so hoping for a loss to help keep me motivated. I love reading the success stories on here and looking at before and after pictures! I have a main worry of getting loose skin which puts me off the weight loss so that can bring my motivation down as I'm not sure if I rather stay big that have lots of loose skin.

Please feel free to add me as a friend on here so we can support each other through this amazing and difficult journey

Replies

• b111284
    b111284 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Emsie! I am in the same boat as you. I have recently put on some extra weight and feel very uncomfortable with myself. I have found that if you lose the weight slowly, your skin will not be loose and flabby. Also it may help to lift weights to avoid the flabbiness. I would love to be your friend since we have so much in common, as I am 28 as well. Good luck with your first weigh in. Rebecca
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey Emsie - I'm in the U.S. 27 year old female - I have about 95 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. My food diary is open. :) Good luck with your weight loss!
  • jmsharp1
    jmsharp1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Emsie! I am 27, 5'4, When I started this journey I was 198, after having 3 kids in less than 5 years and some other reasons. I just put it off. Being short an extra pound looks like 5 so I completely understand! I'm currently 187 and I am shooting for losing about 50lbs. I have always had large chest and bottom and I was fine with that but they are a little excessive for me these days! I'm here if you would like some support! Good luck
  • Smoothtacular
    Smoothtacular Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! You'll probably hear this a lot but I can say the extra skin is a small price to pay for how much better you'll feel. I'm annoyed sometimes by my loose skin but I'd rather feel as good as I do now with loose skin than as unhappy as I was being fat. That being said, I've seen many people say what b111284 said about losing weight slowly helping. Doing things slowly just isn't my style :D
  • cypresskate
    Options
    @Sparkle814 How do you make your food diary open? I'm pretty new to MyFitnessPal and trying to add friends for support. I'd love input on my food diary.
  • inspiredjen34
    inspiredjen34 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was doing good then been taking a look at my diary and seen that I have been eating way more snacks then need be. It doesn't help that I am home all day and food is at my finger tips. I now know what my problem is and need to correct it. It will be hard but I know that I can do it. I love having new friends you can add me. It's always nice to read encouragement from other and tell others how well they are doing.
  • Emsie_lou
    Emsie_lou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To make your diary open go onto your food diary and then if you go along the top (I think its under the app section) the word settings will appear in orange, click on that to change who views your diary
  • cypresskate
    Options
    Thank you!