Best Sports Bras for Large Breasts

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My problem is being busty AND fat, so while it may fit my cup size, it won't fit at the band. :ohwell:

I usually buy a cheap sports bra and wear it over one of my cheaper bras that I care less about. It holds them decently enough until I'm small enough to buy one that fits :sad: hahaha
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    you didnt have any luck with enell? When I put mine on it straps those suckers down. Maybe try going down one size and get the heavy duty one.

Enell is very good, but it's not very pretty. I don't like to look like I have 1 huge boob when working out. It distracts me and others...hahaha.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bump to come back and read more on support for my lumps:wink:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can add all the women from this thread to my FL later.
  • mandybee2012
    mandybee2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enell really is the most effective, but Moving Comfort bras are also pretty good and are more comfortable & attractive. I recommend buying them a cup size smaller than you'd normally get.
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Bras. I get mine at herroom.com. They are great, just make sure you buy the style appropriate for your activity level.... I choose the ones rated for "high impact". I am a 32DD.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Bump so I can add all the women from this thread to my FL later.

that's funny :tongue:
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D and I buy my sport bras from JcPenney's or Sears. Easier on the wallet and very comfortable for my lady lumps. Haha
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If Anybody needs 34g panache sport, message me - I've got 4 brand new ones I can't use!
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I will swear by my Lululemon Tata Tamer:

http://tinyurl.com/TaTaTamer

It is the only bra that I use.
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32G and do bra + Danskin M (major smoosh uniboob) plus Champion XL and still use hands lol. I don't run- just for general workout. I should try Panache. It's a pitb to find one when you have a small band and large cup.
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm gonna have to go shopping now. :smile:
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30g in panache sport - love it!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30g in panache sport - love it!

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I'm going to order one. I have a 29" under bust but tend to prefer 32"- does it run 'normal' 'small' or 'large' at all?
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    I just got my "Last Resort" bra from Title Nine... I was sick of wearing two bras all the time, and I can barely stand wearing a regular bra for a 7 hour work day, much less for an hour workout after the fact.

Anyway, the new bra is so worth the $70. I kind of have to manhandle myself to sit right in it, but once I'm situated, its all good. I don't even notice it once I start running. It ain't pretty, but I like that it covers my cleavage too... lots of sports bras are a little low cut. I'm not gonna say there's no movement, I mean, I'm running, but it is significantly less than what I'm used to. I might buy a new one here pretty quick.... It also give my boobs a nice little shape, suprisingly.

FYI, I'm 5'10", 242 pounds, and a 44DDD... I bought the XL and it's a good fit. I probably could go a size lower for maximum smoosh, but I hate tight things.

When I was smaller and a highschool basketball player who didn't have to worry about accidentally showing off nipple rings to the world, I wore a New Balance bra. I don't remember any details, other than it was white, about $35, and was the most amazing sports bra ever. It did not have an underwire IIR.This was in 2005, but I suspect they would still carry something like that.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Juno - you didn't mention band size?

http://www.movingcomfort.com/DD/sportsbras-DD,default,sc.html

I am a personally a big fan of the Fiona - but my girls are not quite as large - i currently wear the 36D (In reg bras i do the 36DD)

Band size is either 34 or 36 so they are even harder to find.

I just got a Fiona 36 DD I LOVE it.
  • sarahsqeekingfit
    Options
    I love Panache bras anyway and I agree that their sports bra is great I really recommend it. I'm a 34K so I have a lot to keep strapped down. SassyBsMom you asked about bandsize. If it helps I measure as 32" underbust and wear 34". That works for me. Outside of Panache I struggled, but I've found the Impact Sports Bra from Bravissimo which is just as comfy and supportive! It's very good too. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    I'm in the DDD/EE category - are you sizing correctly? I size down and it seems to help - creates "pancake boob" as we call it in my house, but I don't really care if I have shape if I'm running. I just buy the regular Champion sportsbras from Target and they work well (but don't work at all if they're too big). I've also doubled up when I'm doing a long run, which seems to help.

I am too cheap to buy the expensive ones but have also had good luck with the champion brand. The ones I like have a clasp in the back and have a little bit of cup-pleating to help separate and hold. I wear that one on the bottom then wear another cheaper super-elastic one on top. That's worked well for me so far.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Lane Bryant. I'm a 38DDD, and it has nice support, the girls stay put (no uniboob action either), but it is a little harder to get on since it clasps in the back. I do yoga in mine and have no problems bending and twisting.