Heavier after the weekend?

Options
Do you weigh more after the weekend or is it just me? I weigh an average of 2 lbs more on Monday. As the days pass and usually by Thursday, my weight is back down.

I do eat about 1,500 cals more on the weekends and probably consume more salt so I guess it's water weight.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Just posted this on my wall, but 16 oz of water (1 pint of beer or a healthy glass of wine) is about 1 pound itself.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Yes. Absolutely. It's no accident though haha. I'm just terrible on the weekends. I have such a hard time with booze and junk food haha.
    Not exaggerating, I'm probably 4-5 lbs heavier on Monday than on Friday. I've literally gone up 8-9lbs in a weekend.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up 1-2 pounds by Monday from my weigh-in on Friday morning. I try to get in some exercise on Saturday but my gym doesn't open until 7 am on Saturdays so it's hard since I have so many other things going on during the day with my wife and kids. I'm usually much better during weekdays Monday-Thursday. I take Sundays off to rest and don't exercise except maybe walk to church (15 minutes round trip). I have my weekly weigh-in for my progress chart on Friday. Usually by Tuesday I'm back to my weight from Friday.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yes. Absolutely. It's no accident though haha. I'm just terrible on the weekends. I have such a hard time with booze and junk food haha.
    Not exaggerating, I'm probably 4-5 lbs heavier on Monday than on Friday. I've literally gone up 8-9lbs in a weekend.

LOL me too!
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    99 times out of 100, I've gained at least 2 lbs of water. Doesn't bother me anymore.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I drink more booze, wine, and beer on the weekends...plus I tend to eat more sodium, etc as I'm not as regimented as I am during my very structured work week. That all adds up to some good old fashioned water retention.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    LOL love your responses!

I no longer have this issue! Yippee!!!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    99 times out of 100, I've gained at least 2 lbs of water. Doesn't bother me anymore.

So true and same here! That's life.
  • brownbird0218
    Options
    Sounds like it happens to all of us! I have the same issue - all the damn beer and salt intake! :)