Fitness devices + looking for more fitness pals

Options
Hi everybody :) I'm very interested in fitness devices like the Nike fuelband, fitbit, jawbone up, etc. Does anyone use them and have any suggestions for selecting one of the many available? I especially like the up's ability to vibrate if you've been sitting too long, but maybe there is a cheaper phone app that could serve the same purpose using the acceleromometor without having to spend $150? Also, I'd love to make more friends on mfp. If anyone is interested, I'd love to cheer you on! :)
Liz

Replies

• Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit and love it! I also use different running apps on my phone to track milage and routes when running. I want to get a bluetooth HRM so that I can track my burned calories more accurately. I really like the fitbit because it's very small and no one can see it when I have it on me. I researched other similar products and choose the fitbit because it small and did all the things I wanted it to do.
  • idaholawchick
    idaholawchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use fitbit, which I adore. I've also used the body bugg, which worked great but I didn't like it's size. I set my activity level for sedentary & then I eat the extra calories I burn. It's worked great.
  • ProjectHappyHealthy
    ProjectHappyHealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I used Accupedo. It is a free pedomoter app for my phone.

MFP now syncs to Endomondo and Runtastic and Everymove. I don't know exactly how accurate they are, but the numbers are close to MFP's.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit a little over two months ago. LOVE IT!
    It is my best motivator now.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and I don't like it really. It's ok I think if maybe I was a newbie, (and if you are then it may be great for you) but its more of the techy part of it I don't care for. I can't view previous day's burn with just the device. You have to plug something into the computer and log in to a site to view progress (I also don't know how that compares to others). I have since christmas lost the plug in so now it is almost worthless. I also thought it would snyc up to mfp but it only does that when you have a certain type of phone with the mfp app, so I was disappointed when I relized that as well. One of my best friends has a bodymedia arm band and loves it more than her fitbit she thinks its more accurate. Good luck on picking the best one for you!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and I don't like it really. It's ok I think if maybe I was a newbie, (and if you are then it may be great for you) but its more of the techy part of it I don't care for. I can't view previous day's burn with just the device. You have to plug something into the computer and log in to a site to view progress (I also don't know how that compares to others). I have since christmas lost the plug in so now it is almost worthless. I also thought it would snyc up to mfp but it only does that when you have a certain type of phone with the mfp app, so I was disappointed when I relized that as well. One of my best friends has a bodymedia arm band and loves it more than her fitbit she thinks its more accurate. Good luck on picking the best one for you!

Do t yiu have the dongle to sync to the PC?