Need some direction......

Options
Hello all,

Hoping some one could give me some pointers.

I am a 30 yr old Nurse, so on my feet for 8hrs plus 4 x week, I like to do back to back aerobics and a toning class at thy gym, but due to my shifts this isn't always possible, and I have a four year old to look after.

So, on the days I can make it to the gym, 2-3 times a week, I have been working through a c25k (week 4) and have been doing some free weight exercises at 3kg in each hand.

But I feel like I am coasting and not really having a 'plan' as such. I like the idea of NRoL4W but know I am far from lifting that kind of weight.

Anyone got any tried and tested routines? Should I do an arms session every time I go, or do legs one session, then arms next time as well as the c25k stuff?

Big holiday in a years time, so really need to focus this year for some serious results!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of NRoL4W but know I am far from lifting that kind of weight.

This statement is based on what, exactly?
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of NRoL4W but know I am far from lifting that kind of weight.

This statement is based on what, exactly?

I have tried.... couldn't even lift the bar from the squat rack!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I promise you it's in your head. Go try again. And again.
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    humor me please...what is nrol4w- We have a squat rack that scares me, and a leg press I avoid and free weights I trip over...lol ...going to keep an eye on the advice you receive
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    humor me please...what is nrol4w- We have a squat rack that scares me, and a leg press I avoid and free weights I trip over...lol ...going to keep an eye on the advice you receive

new rules of lifting for women

I think
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    thank you gentlemen....I will check it out
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I promise you it's in your head. Go try again. And again.

This. A little bit more each time will get you there. Pushups are easy to adapt to all levels, from the wall, to a counter, then stairs, and finally to the floor. By all appearances, you are a healthy young woman, there is nothing in Stage 1 of NROL4W that you can't either do now or adapt.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with doing a short run (C25K) and weight training on the same day. Do the lifting first (after a short warmup) and running second.