Breakfast

Options
ameliaannakin
ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
Hi All,

I'm looking for some good, filling breakfast recipes that I can eat on the go or take to work to eat at my desk (we have a toaster and microwave so I can heat things up!). Anybody got any they'd like to share?

Thanks

Replies

• liketobefit1001
    Options
    One breakfast which is well known but works for me every time is pure wholegrain oat + soya milk + comibination of fruits (usally two of 5 a day) . I add flaxseed for omega 3 but not neccsary if you are taking oily fish. Its easy , filling and very healthy as it provides most of the fibre of the day, complex carbohydrate so that energy is steady , protien and micronutrients.Also fat free.I keep some oat in works also so that if necessary I can prepare at works also using micorwave.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well, if you like spaghetti squash, here is a recipe for spaghetti squash pancakes. I make a batch and put them in the fridge. Then, a quick re-heat in the microwave and they are yummy.

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Serving Size: 1 (Makes 3-4 pancakes
    Ingredients
    •1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
    •2 eggs
    •1/4 cup whole wheat flour (white flour can be used)
    •1 tablespoon butter, softened (optional)
    •salt + pepper, to taste
    •Non-Stick cooking spray

Instructions
    1.Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
    2.Heat a small skillet on the stovetop, add cooking spray.
    3.Pour in batter, and spread into a disk with a spoon.
    4.Cook pancake slowly on medium heat for about 3-6 minutes (or when batter starts to bubble) and then flip.
    5.Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
    6.Serve warm, with an extra pat of butter if desired.

141 calories!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Homemade protein bars

8 scoops chocolate protein
    1/2 cup almond or regular cow's milk
    1 cup porridge oats
    3 tablespoons flaxseeds or sliced almonds
    3 tablespoons honey
    3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (crunchy is too hard to mix evenly)
    1 tablespoon of nutella or chocolate spread (optional)
    Mix everything together, if it's too dry add more milk or water. Get a baking tray and either coat it with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set the mixture into the dish and put it into the fridge overnight at (or an hour at the very least)

Nutrition facts: 300 calories, 40 grams protein, 18 grams carbs, 8 grams fat (without nutella)

Or just buy protein flapjacks.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon on a wholewheat bagel yum
  • LuckyMe000
    Options
    i usualy make 2 scambled eggs and mix with ground turkey and heat it up at my office....very filling
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I make nog batches of baked oatmeal and bread pudding. Just freeze in portions, take it out the night before and nuke at work. That's what I do anyway :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    why not just make food that's fast before you leave in the morning, or prepare it the night before and warm it up the next day? Bacon, scrambled eggs, leftovers from dinner-- all good options :)
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies :) some great recipes which I will definitely be trying!