I'm SCARED!

Options
Hello. have never been really fat. But for the past few years I have been putting on the weight. Today I weighted in at 206!! This is the heaviest I have ever been. I should be around 180 the most. I am 5 feel 11 inches. I would like to be 175. I am also in my early 50s. I can't go on like this gaining weight. I hope I can start a new future today and start losing the weight I need to. I have a terrible sweet truth. I need to get that under control.

Replies

• windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth. Using this program though I can still have whatever I want just in moderation. Good luck!
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello. Is there anyway to record my weight and measurement goals?
  • Iamflew
    Iamflew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Under "My Home" Goals and Settings will help you get started!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    what are you scared about? Losing weight? Getting healthy?
    Not sure what your asking about here. You're not going to the dentist to get a tooth pulled.
    Make up your mind to do it and then do it. That's what I did.
    I'm 5'11 and started at 224. I"m now 154 I've gotten off all the weight I set out to and am probably going to go for another 10 but not going to kill myself if I don't.

Like the commercial says... just do it!

edited to say now I get what your scared of.. continuing to gain. Sorry no coffee today. lol

Set out small goals for yourself. Eat better, exercise etc. Don't look at the entire picture. Look at the first 5 lbs. Once you reach small goals in weight loss reward yourself with non food items. You're not a dog so don't reward with food. If you have a sweet tooth keep dark chocolate in the house or fiber one bars. I always have the fiber one brownies and dove dark chocolates in the house. Just eat one or two chocolate bits not the entire bag. Don't completely do without your favorites...just cut back on them. Weight and measure everything and track all of it.
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Think baby steps though. Maybe lean on frozen entrees for lunches? Plan to have a treat everyday? Keep food in the car (I like Fiber One Chocolate Chip bars). Having just spent a couple months with Weight Watchers they're great in guiding these small decisions.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, it will get easier.
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    No Fear! Man you got this! We've all been there at some point (thats why we're in here!), and you can EASILY get this in check! Focus on macros, and plan out your goals, meals etc... It all starts with you and you just pushed play!

Bring it!