Any rockers out here \m/

Options
broox80
broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
I am a die hard rocker chic!! I need some new suggestions for music!! What all do you all listen to when you are working out??

Replies

• broox80
    Options
    Anyone ......anyone......Bueller......Bueller
  • broox80
    Options
    Really.........no one??? Humor me please!!
  • broox80
    Options
    Ok I will just rock out by myself then:cry:
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'll join, only because of your Bueller response :P

But first, I need to know what kind of "rocker" you're looking for. I mean, my grandpa has a rocker.

Srsly though, tell us yours and I'll suggest something if I have anything good to suggest :)
  • broox80
    Options
    Yay!!!! My only friend who wants to play my silly little game. I love milder stuff like Cavo Shinedown and Halestorm. But also like heavier stuff like FFDP Killswitch Engage and mudvayne. Gotta support my boys from IL!!!
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Hmmm...interesting. So, similar-ish music while working out. The first suggestion I'd make is Coheed and Cambria. If you haven't listened to them before, fantastic workout songs include Running Free, Gravemakers and Gunslingers, A Favor House Atlantic, and Welcome Home. The lead singer's voice can take some adjustment but once you get used to that they're fantastic.

System of a Down has some songs that are great for working out.

Also, for softer-ish stuff, Abandoned Pools has a couple good, driving songs.
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kind of rock. Lately when I really need to burn I listen to Machina: The Machines of God by the Smashing Pumpkins. It's pretty odd but the first few tracks are just right for when I need to get a little crazy. I have a punk station on Pandora that plays Ramones etc., and a Bruce Springsteen station when I'm in a more mellow mood.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i've been really, really into Apocalyptica. i've created Apocalyptica stations on pandora and iheartradio and have since been turned on to some other bands i never would've heard otherwise like Within Temptation, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Epica, Stratovarius, Iced Earth, Fates Warning. check some of them out!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Nightwish. I was listening to them on my ride into work...

Soil. Older stuff like their so g "halo" that's my jam :)

3 days grace is also nice
  • broox80
    Options
    I have listened to chalk outline about 100 times today!! ♥ three days grace!!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I love working out to 3 days grace. I am more of a metal girl but something about their approach... and his voice :bigsmile:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Three days grace, breaking Benjamin, rise against, linkin park, Red, skillet are what I've been listening to lately. They all play on the breaking Benjamin pandora station I use
  • broox80
    Options
    I love all of those bands esp Red!!
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a 90s rocker chick - pearl jam, Alice in chains, red hot chili peppers. Soil and shinedown are awesome - love the singers voices. I don't really buy albums but octane on Sirius xm has opened me up to some new bands that I'd like to check out - Evans blue, five finger death punch, avenge sevenfold, 3 days grace to name a few
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I listen to pretty much everything from 80's to now softer or heavier I listen a lot to Sirius/XM Octane, Liquid Metal, Lithium. I love satellite radio for that I can listen to tons of great songs and discover new bands that would never play on local radio!

AC/DC, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Motley Crue, Fear Factory, Korn, Beastie Boys, U2,Pantera, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Soundgarden, Shine down, Disturbed too many to list!

The newer stuff I like Hellyeah, Sevendust, Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat, Hinder, Theory of a Deadman etc..

I gotta say however I often go with some classics when working out like AC/DC, Crue, Megadeth
  • BigAndyT
    BigAndyT Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The new Stone Sour double album The house of gold and bones is amazing!
  • xBethanyJadex
    Options
    I love Stone Sour! I went to see them live in 2010 in Brighton! They were sooo AWESOME!!! They followed Avenged Sevenfold but Stone Sour definitely stole the show! One of my best nights gig wise! :D
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Personally I love Godsmack, Disturbed, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Killswitch Engage is good, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shinedown, Drowning Pool, Seven Dust, Theory of a Deadman, Puddle of Mudd, Limp Bizkit, Korn, White/Rob Zombie, NIN, Megadeath and Seether. There's more but I'd be here all day lol

The list goes on and on. But those are some of the one's that I love.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Rocker here!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a 90s rocker chick - pearl jam, Alice in chains, red hot chili peppers.

This!! I so miss those days. Makes me want to pull out an old flannel shirt and some ripped up jeans. Not that they'd fit me these days. :grumble: