Alice in Londonland

Options
Hello all,

I started My Fitness Pal last weekend after seeing photos of me at a friend's recent wedding. Lovely day, but I couldn't wear the dress I wanted as it didn't fit, and it was embarrassing catching up with my college friends and ex-boyfriend (eek!) having put on over two stone since I last saw them. The next wedding I go to, I don't want to be the 'fat' one in the photos and I don't want to have to buy a new dress (I have loads of nice dresses already...). I'll never be skinny; that's not my build. But I'd like to reach a happy weight for me, within the upper limits of my BMI.

My stats:
Height: 5"1
Weight: 11 stone 3 lbs

I'm cheery, quite fit (despite my chunkiness!) and I like to swim and go to group exercise classes at the local gym. When I have time off my boyfriend and I go for long walks in the English countryside. In terms of work, I spend a lot of time playing or teaching the piano (that's my job), or writing/reading about music in preparation (hopefully) for a PhD starting in October. I'm not a great cook but I do enjoy it and tend to eat mainly at home. I'm a pescatarian who loves wine!

If you'd like, add me as a friend to offer support and I will return the favour.

Alice xxx

Replies

• EmilyKingston
    EmilyKingston Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to move to London, if only for the reason that I can weigh myself in STONE rather than POUNDS. It just sounds so much cooler! Welcome to MFP, and good luck on your journey!