Post weight loss adventures at the DMV (pic)

Options
2»

Replies

• marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great transformation and fun story! Hard to tell from face alone but I would have never guessed you at 280 in the before pic.

When I got my license at age 15, I told them I weighed 155. I was/am 5'11" and knew that was an "ideal" weight based on a formula I read about (5 pounds for every inch over 5'). I know I weighed more than that by at least 10-15 pounds but figured I could easily pass for 155 and could lose the extra weight easily enough. HAH!

My DL weight stayed at 155 until a few years ago, despite my weight being as high as the 250's since I had my son in 1998. I don't really recall when it changed, but I'm sure one of the DMV employees decided there was no way in hell I weighed anywhere near 155 and she was just gonna correct that shizz herself.

My DL now reads 185, and I'm cool with that. In fact, I think that's what I set my MFP goal weight to be :bigsmile:

I remember when I increased it to 240. I did it out of fear of getting called out! LoL

I thought about putting my goal weight as a motivator but honestly, even though I'm not at goal, I am proud of the real number. Being comfortable with that, I think, is a huge step for me mentally. - not to get too deep but shedding the "fat girl" persona hasn't been the easiest but I am getting there. :smile:

Good luck on your journey to 185!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    amazing! good for you!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Way cool! You look so awesome, super great job!!

edit: on mine I was only able to make myself admit to 190 when I was 210 :p
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me that anything about the DMV could be joyful! I hope that someday, I can look forward to a trip to the DMV for the same reason. Kudos to you on your success.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Awesome. An actual DMV photo to be proud of!!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I can't wait to renew my license and get a new photo. I had to show my ID in a store and the clerk said that can't be you!! OMG you need a new license!! I smiled and said thank you!! Can't wait!!

It really shows in your neck. You look fabulous!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!