Race pictures from my first Sprint Triathlon

Options
VeeBethTris
VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
I am just posting these so my MFP friends can see them :) As much as I love MFP, I wish their picture posting format was as user friendly as Facebook. I did my first Sprint Triathlon last weekend and I finally got hold of some photos from the race.

Run, Forest, Run

running_zps425743ac.jpg

My entourage welcoming me at the finish line. You can see to the right the tall dude in the hoodie and khaki shorts is my son encouraging me on <3

entourage_zps9b47acf4.jpg

Race organizer, Mick, called me up in front of everyone after the race to share my story. He gave my son and I two free passes to do the race together next year.

story2_zps71f9d747.jpg

If you care to read the story behind my first Sprint Tri, here it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/962007-reasons-behind-doing-my-first-sprint-triathlon?page=1#posts-14726382

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I love it!! Especially the opportunity to tell your story at the end...tears again, Doll!!! You Are so inspiring!! I Agree with the picture sharing, too!!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when they finally posted the pictures. I wish they had one of me riding the bike but they said this was just the first wave of the volunteer pictures coming in but I am quite happy with the pic of me running. I don't look terrible. LOL Not that is why I did it.....

Thanks for looking Kim and Sherry <3
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is amazing girl!! Your story moved me to tears!! I must have missed it when you first posted it!! You are truly the example of what I tell everyone!! It is NEVER too late to be the person you wanted to become!! Thank you so much for your story and pictures!!
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!!! Truly amazing story that brought tears to my eyes!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am sure this is the first of many!!!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Triathlete magazine, issue June 2010. The back cover is a picture of Chrissie Wellington crossing the line, winning her 4th Ironman championship. The caption says:

"Some of the most beautiful women in the world have numbers pinned to their bellies."

Yeah. I think that describes you quite nicely.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!