South Beach Diet

Options
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone is doing the SB diet & have any results? I just started it this week, because I have been at my current weight on & off for the past 2 years & tired of working myself to death & not seeing any results. If you are doing it,. do you have any recipes for breakfast's beside omelets, for the 1st phase only, shoot me an email...Getting tired of eggs. Thanks

Replies

• rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Try doing a search for Kalynne's kitchen. I LOVE her recipes. The black bean lime chili is amazing. I use her recipes for a lot of my food. It's a blog where she posts South Beach Diet recipes.
    When I first started a low GI (similar to South Beach Diet), I lost 4 lbs. in 5 days. I gained it all back and have lost about half a pound a week since. It's important to go slow so that the weight will stay off.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I have used it in the past but as soon as I started eating normally and not the diet I gained it back. I still have the books but keep them around mainly for recipe purposes. ANY quick weightloss will come back as soon as you go off the plan...its a slow progress and a lifestyle change
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have used it in the past but as soon as I started eating normally and not the diet I gained it back. I still have the books but keep them around mainly for recipe purposes. ANY quick weightloss will come back as soon as you go off the plan...its a slow progress and a lifestyle change

South Beach is meant to be a lifestyle change and not a diet.............That is why there are 3 phases to it.

Phase 1 gets rid of the sweet and starchy cravings............

Phase 2 keeps your weight loss going and getting you to a healthy and balanced eating plan

Phase 3 is for Maintenance.

One will not maintain any weight loss unless they continue to do what they have been doing all along.
    That includes calorie counting, low fat, low carb, etc................
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    I'm also doing the SB - I agree, its not a diet, but its a way of life. I love it, its not so restrictive as the Atkins Diet. I've so far have lost a total of 23lbs, plus I'm exercising using the Turbo Jam series. I love this way of eating, because I can still modifiy it to eat what I enjoy eating.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't follow SB but Atkins instead and will reiterate what has been said already: this is a lifestyle change. If you stop eating that way and revert back to normal eating habits the weight will come straight back on. It's a change you have to commit to! :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the SB - I agree, its not a diet, but its a way of life. I love it, its not so restrictive as the Atkins Diet. I've so far have lost a total of 23lbs, plus I'm exercising using the Turbo Jam series. I love this way of eating, because I can still modifiy it to eat what I enjoy eating.

Atkins and South Beach are quite similar.............It is really no more restrictive than South Beach. You just add foods back in at a slower pace. The purpose of adding the foods back in according to the carb ladder is so you can test yourself for food intolerances or allergies.............Atkins carb ladder goes hand in hand with the GI chart and you start out very low GI and slowly work your way up the GI chart..............

I no longer do Atkins or South Beach.............I have graduated to Primal Blue Print........... :love: :love:
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone should be on a diet for a short period of time at any given point. You're obviously going to gain it all back once you start eating like you normally do(especially if it's bad stuff).

Any diet you choose should be something you would want to do for the rest of your life. Not just to lose a couple pounds then start eating bad foods again.

That's just a little advice & my opinon...

This is what starts so many arguments about South Beach, Atkins or any other low carb diet, or diets in general. They are LIFESTYLE CHANGES. Not quick-lose-weight-diets. If you think you can't eat like that forever, then don't start it at all & trash it! =]

Use common sense, eat healthy & exercise, people!!! =D