Can anyone help me make a gym plan?

Options
Hi, I love going to gym classes rather than working out myself.
I really enjoy spin and find myself doing more spin than anything else. I would like to add in some body pump?
This is the gym timetable I have:

http://www.f4l.com/dundee/index.htm

I work from 8-4.30 Monday to Friday - if anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    IMO, every fitness plan should have room for conditioning (cardio, HIIT, etc), strength training and stretching/muscle release.

i think the specifics would depend on your overall fitness goals. what are they?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is instead of doing bodypump, read up on starting strength or stronglifts... new rules of lifting for women is a popular one too. that will take 3 days of workout out. help preserve your lean body mass rather than being a cardio junky. stronglifts is a strength based program and you won't develop definition from it, but you will increase your strength by leaps and bounds. one of the girls on my friends list did starting strength and she can squat 205#. the most i have done is 165# but you would be surprised how rewarding the freeweight section of the gym can really be.
  • laurajade111
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

I have about 20ibs left to lose. I would like to tone up my lower body in particular.
    Im a little nervous about lifting as i had breast augmentation surgery last summer and my chest muscles are a little weak.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I work about the same hours you do. My routine that I have started is:

Monday: Heavy weights Back & HIIT (high intensity interval training)
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Heavy legs & HIIT
    Thursday: Arms, Abs & HIIT
    Friday: Cardio/Active rest day (still doing an activity to get your heart rate up)
    Saturday: Heavy legs & HIIT
    Sunday: Rest day

I took a break this past week due to stress and stuff but kept on my food. So after 5 days of no gym I am back. Today I did Cardio and Abs. Tomorrow I will do heavy legs and HIIT. Then be on track starting Monday. I am going to try to start going at 5am. If I don't rest too long in between reps. I am usually in and out in an hour and a half.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is instead of doing bodypump, read up on starting strength or stronglifts... new rules of lifting for women is a popular one too. that will take 3 days of workout out. help preserve your lean body mass rather than being a cardio junky.

This. I'm pretty sure you've got the cardio covered. If you had surgery a year ago you should be fine. Just talk to your doctor.

I didn't look at your schedule as I'm sure you're capable of sorting that one out.

Edit typo.

:flowerforyou: