I was told "You don't need to lose anymore weight".

Options

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy, beautiful

:)
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That's so irritating. I use to be 220 pounds two years ago and now currently, I'm 193 pounds. I DO need to lose more weight, but not too much. The BIM says that I'm considered overweight. My wrists are like 6, I think. One of my friends said that I look fine the way I am. I don't care, it's my body. I want to get to about 160 pounds. Is that a good weight for me or do I need to go a little lower? I don't wanna go too low. I've been doing cardio and other exercises.

No I'm shorter then 6'. Sorry I forgot to say my height. I'm 5'8".

"I was told" never gets the rent paid nor will it allow you to accomplish anything because it is not "empowering" in nature. It's an attempt to make you conform and make you docile so that you listen to "what you're told". Don't give in to "them". They can not help you, not even the well meaning ones. Take charge and do your thing!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My fiance says I don't need to lose any weight at all. I went from a size 6 to a size 14 - sorry, but I DO need to lose some weight. :/ Some people think it's all about your looks, when in reality it's about trying to stay healthy and keep from getting into bad habits that could lead to diabetes or heart problems in the future.

Though I kinda have hypoglycemia so that might be a factor. :/
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My mother and friends say this to me all the time. If you feel that you need to lose more then the decision is yours.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I used to be 202. At 5'1 I was Morbidly Obese. Now I'm 141. Now I'm Over Weight. Even If I don't go by the BMI scale I still want to lose more. My waist is 32.5 I would like to be 29.5 at least. I fit into a size 8. IF I go by the BMI I still need to lose 9 more lbs. to be in the healthy range for my height. 132.2= 24.9 BMI I just ignore there comments and keep doing what I'm doing,
  • kimmykimmy77
    kimmykimmy77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    People also might be jealous that you're losing weight and getting healthy... so they'll say "you don't need to lose any more weight" because they're overweight/lazy and don't want you to look better than them.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If your wrist is 6" at 5'8" tall, you've probably got a reasonably small frame (I can't see you being any bigger than medium framed). At 5'10" tall I have a 6.25" wrist and a small frame. At 193lbs, barring a medical condition that prevents it, it would probably be wise to lose more weight.

If you have a lot of lean muscle mass, 160lbs might be a great weight for you. If you don't have a lot of lean muscle mass, 160lbs could leave you carrying more fat than what is considered healthy.

Once you get to 160lbs, reevaluate. If you feel your fitness requires further improvement, improve it.. If not, don't. :smile:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you. I started at 230 and now I'm at 177 and people tell me the same thing. They're just not used to you at this weight. My goal weight is 164 which puts me at the top of the healthy weight range. I will re-evaluate when I get there. 160 is a perfectly fine weight for you. Just do whatever feels best for you. =)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I will be overweight until I get to my goal weight. No one can tell me otherwise. I'm 5'6" and 146 is a healthy goal for me.

Same here. I'm also 5'6". I'm sitting at 179 right now and my goal is 150. A couple of my friends don't think I need to lose 30 more pounds. But I used to weigh 150 and less, and that is what I want again. It is absolutely a healthy goal!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can get to 160. That is my goal (170-165) and I am 5-10 was at 220 March of 2012, and I am 193 now too. I have a medium frame and I know that 1605-165 a little heavy for me but reasonable I also want to be mostly muscle so I am willing to go higher. I think you need to look in the mirror, are you happy with where you are. Do you have the body and overall health you want? Are you all muscle??? If you are 193 and all muscle then losing may not be good, but if you have areas that you feel need some work, then do it! You want to be the best version of yourself you can be! Don't stop because someone else has something to say. This is YOUR journey!!! But take the compliment too =) Your friend clearly sees the work you have put in. I think that most the time people compare where you were, but don't see the potential of where you can be. Keep working toward that goal!!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am only an inch taller than you, and I had a similar starting weight of 215. I am now 125 and have an average to small build. I also eat plenty and am definitely not starving. So I would say 160 is definitely not too low.
  • dawnpturpin
    dawnpturpin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights? That is something you need to do to boost your metabolism up really fast. and NO you WONT get huge muscles because women dont have the natural testosterone to do that,. So no worries there. But, you need 2-3 days a week of weights and the other 2-3 of cardio. I would say you need to lose some still, you cant listen to what everyone else says sister...... listen to your heart and know whats right for you!
    Dawn
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'4" and want to weigh 160. At that point I will decide if 150 is better. I have a lot of muscle weight. The charts for healthy weight don't work as well for muscular people. Get to 160 first. Then decide.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That's annoying. Either they're trying to be nice or else are sabotaging you. I'm your height and was 180 when I came home from giving birth and yes that is a high weight for someone our size. I'm currently 164 and while I don't feel overweight, I want to get to 140 cause that's where I was at a happy weight for me before I was pregnant.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Take it as a compliment, and continue with your healthy weight loss plan. A healthy weight for you has nothing to do with what a healthy weight is for anyone else in this thread. If you have doubts about what you should weigh for your bone structure and lean mass, consult your doctor, or have your body fat percentage measured.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I get told this all the time. I think it's people trying to be polite about weight loss. I wouldn't read into it.
  • dirtytacos
    dirtytacos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is very irritating to hear that, however people see you differently than you see yourself. There may be those who say it to try to be nice or who try to sabotage your efforts. Either way, you do you. Work on how you feel instead of how you look or weigh. IF you are really worried about weight, work to a healthy body fat percentage (it's hard finding the machines that measure staticly, but you can use the calipers just fine) and use that as your scale.
    I don't worry about weight any more. I work toward being the best I can be. Stronger, faster, healthier overall. The weight loss and great body is just a bonus. If I focus on weight loss, I begin the cycle of being motivated and then having a "fat" day where I'm storing extra water from my workout but give up because of the one day I felt heavy.
  • TheatreLover23
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will continue until I reach my goal weight. :-)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've been messaged by a creeper on here telling me that I didn't need to lose any more weight and I was 212lbs at 5'3. Yeah, thanks for the advice, random creeper, but no. I'd rather be happy and healthy than make you happy with what I look like :flowerforyou:
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I get that from my mum and my other Lebanese family members. Us Lebbos are just accustomed to eating large and being large.

It's not like I'm anorexic! I'm just trying to get down to a normal weight.