Trying to get back to this...............

Options
July24Lioness
July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
In 2003 I found out I was diabetic and had PCOS. My doctor recommended that I start Atkins and that I needed to lose about 150 pounds.

This picture was taken about 5 months into starting Atkins. I really wish I had a before pic to compare to what I was, but this was me in a size 10, which I hadn't been since about 1999, when I first starting gaiiining weight with the onset of PCOS symptoms.

I can't wait to get back to looking like this again.................

1134743583040669092S600x600Q85.jpg

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I bet you'll get there and even further, lady. Just on sheer tenacity! :tongue:

My body has changed so much after childbirth and all (some women it doesn't seem to affect their body shape, and some it does ... I'm in the latter group :ohwell:) ... that I really don't have a photo reference to which I'm trying to get back. Just striving to be healthy and fit (and look great, yes, I'll admit that) as best as I can. I've realized there's no point of perfection for me - it's a shifting paradigm. I'll probably never obtain what I once was, but I'm good with that, because it doesn't mean I won't ever be fabulous again.

Geez, I hope that made sense. :laugh:
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I agree with Clew - you'll get there again and surpass it too!! :happy:

I haven't had kids, and don't plan to, but my body is definitely not the same as it was when I weighed this 6 years ago. I guess it's my body maturing since I was only a teen back then. At first I had a hard time realizing that I wouldn't look the same when the weight came off, but now I'm LOVING my mature woman curves. :smooched: But it's all about being healthy and happy!
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my aunt also have PCOS so I know what you mean. Its is VERY hard for her to lose weight and trust me she struggles with it every day, but you can do it!! Take it day by day if you have to buy giving up is the easiest yet worse thing you can do. Good luck!

Manda B!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Well, I have had 1 birth and that was almost 18 years ago..................i went right back to being 120 pounds after I had my daughter (I was only 19 and in the Army) so i bounced right back.............

I didn't gain weight until 1998 / 1999 time frame and that is when the doctors think the onset of the symptoms of PCOS began.........

I actually liked the way I looked when this picture was taken.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Here is another one of me from that time frame. I looked sooo much younger also!!!

1134743261040669092S600x600Q85.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep doing what you are doing and you will get there. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!