Shiny like a freshly minted penny!

Options
Hi MFP community!

My name is Andrea and I am psyched to have found this website. I've been trying a site similar to MFP for almost a year and have not had any success with it (I even GAINED 13 pounds). I am loving the fact that MFP is more of a health and fitness community rather than a diary! I've already lost weight. :)

Some background: I am a 24-year-old recent college graduate, journalist, writer, editor, health and fitness coach and doglover. I have space shuttles launch in my backyard and live in the Sunshine state - full of bikini-clad women and hotter-than-Hades temperatures. Who can even stand being overweight in this state? I sure can't! I got to my highest weight of 220 right before my senior year of high school. I decided to make a change and lost 35 pounds (just by changing my nutrition; NO exercise) by the time I graduated. Right after I graduated high school, I skyrocketed BACK up to 218 after picking up horrible eating habits from my boyfriend at the time. I ended up losing the weight again but have been stuck in the 180-190 range for almost 5 years. I am beyond desperate to reach my fitness goals. I'll be honest - it is NOT about being able to finish a race or bike 10 miles. It's about looking great in a bikini on a Florida beach and feeling sexy and fit.

I'm here to get my nutrition on track - the final piece of the puzzle. I recently completed the TurboJam fitness program and lost 7 inches and 5 pounds. However, I gained the 5 pounds back thanks to poor eating habits and a 2-week fitness hiatus. However, in March I completed the Disney Princess Half-Marathon and had the time of my life. :)

I am determined to build on this and finally reach my goals. I've got almost 40 pounds to lose to hit my goal.

I'd love to meet others who have similar goals and interests.

My favorite exercise programs: Anything TURBO!!! :) I'm working to get certified as a TurboKick instructor so I can get paid to teach turbo.

Interests: dogs, Star Wars, science fiction, costuming, conventions, chocolate (who isn't interested in chocolate, really??), journalism, travel, wine, holidays, baking, cooking, decorating, NASA/space

I can't wait to meet everyone. :)

Replies