Any Students trying to lose weight?

Options
Hi, I'm in my first year at university and I've always been conscious of what I ate. I went out and drank and ate the occasional pizza but then came home 2 weeks ago and thought I'd weigh myself, only to discover that I'd gained 1 1/2 stone!

I don't know how it happened but any help and support from other students would be great!

Replies

• annamaria2293
    Options
    Hey!

I am a student as well, last term I gained about 10 pounds after I 8 weeks at university and I have not been able to lose it over the holidays as I have been sitting on my bum revising for my exams most hours of the day

As of today I am doing this
    - 30 mins of cardio boxing in the morning
    - 30 mins of pilates in the evenings (I would procrastinate from work so I might as well revise!)
    - Low carb so only cards are fruit and the maim food groups I am sticking to are protein and healthy fats!

I really hope to shift some of this weight! Feel free to add me we can be each other's moral support! :)
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    College student here too!
  • KatNewby
    KatNewby Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm also a student. I'm at the very end of my 3rd year of college.

I have fluctuated a lot in weight since high school. My lowest weight in high school was just under 130lbs, and my highest weight was 2 summers age. I weighed 152lbs.

I currently weigh 142lbs, and my goal is to be around 125lbs. However, I'm not concerned with my measurements and body fat, so I'm trying not to rely too heavily on the scale. I'd rather rely on pictures.

I'm still trying to work out a good diet and exercise plan, because this place is a treasure trove of conflicting information as to what is the best and healthiest approach.

Good luck to all of us! :)
  • lilcutemonkees
    lilcutemonkees Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose weight in the first year. Am now 4th year though and have put on 1.5stone in stress eating! Not good :(. I think another problem is also that sometimes I'm too busy to eat! Feel free to add :).
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hihi! University in September and trying to lose weight :bigsmile:
  • KatNewby
    KatNewby Posts: 26
    Options
    Hah, I just realized I wrote that I *Wasn't* concerned with BF% and Measurements. Lol I meant the exact opposite.

I am less concerned with what the scales says and more concerned with overall appearance and health of my body.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    College student here too!!!