Need to Make it Through the Weekends!

Options
Hello! I am working to take off 31 pounds that have crept back on over the past year and a half. I find myself eating well during the week, but once Friday hits and it's the weekend, I totally blow it and lose any progress I've made through the week. I have also been sliding on the exercising, making excuses to just not do it.
I'm joining this site to keep track of my eating and exercise to hold myself more accountable for taking care of my body and health.
I would love to make friends and gain some encouragers!

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! I've lost about 31 lbs using this site, it took me 6 months to do it, though. I'm no longer "overweight," I'm finally back to a healthy BMI. I would like to take off a few more lbs, though, to really get to my ideal body.
  • GirlTenney
    GirlTenney Posts: 33
    Options
    I also have huge problems on the weekend! I only went over my calories 1 day this weekend and it was by about 300 and the scale said I gained 5lbs back. I worked hard the last 3 days and got it back off but my lord seriously 5lbs?
    Good luck to you!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! The weekends are my downfall. I always undo all my hard work during the week, and by Monday am right back to where I was last Monday (or more!). Add me as a friend an we can keep each other on the right path!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I hear yah! Weekends are the absolute worst. Last weekend I decided for some reason that it was okay to indulge in fried foods AND a blizzard from DQ..aghhh!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Make your offical weigh-in day every Monday, that may help energize you over the weekend to stay the course.

Plan you meals (for the weekend too) ahead of time, know what your having, where you are going.

You are the only one there to stop you when the food hits the plate and bounces into your mouth. You must want something differnet or you would not be here with 'us'. Be strong for yourself, you can do it just as many others on this site have done and continue to do.

Now get crackin'
  • pengirl45
    pengirl45 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement! I am going to make Monday morning my weekly weigh-in time this week, so I will WANT to eat well and exercise. Good luck to all of you!
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i had my first sucessful weekend in 3 months. i hit the gym first thing before i could sit down and get lazy. i think that was key to my sucess. i'll find out this saturday i guess.