I will be 10 wks pregnant for my wedding, should I tell anyo

Options
Its not that I am worried about scorn, as I have a 3yo already. I just don't really want people noticing my baby bump. is it realistic to think that it won't be obvious? last time, I lost a bunch of weight early on and looked great. I kinda want to tell the people close to me, but don't really want the pregnancy to be the topic of conversation with my 150 guests at the wedding. If i tell those close to me, there is no way it wont get out to everyone. should I just keep it a secret until we get back from the honeymoon? maybe I can do lots of ab work outs and my muscles will keep the baby bump under wraps?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    You being pregnant is no ones business except the father. I doubt that you'll show. I was almost 4 months along when I graduated high school and no one knew but my friends...you just couldn't tell. If they find out, they find out. No one should comment on it, especially seeing as how you already have a 3 year old. Also, it's not as if you could hide it later...the baby will come in 7 months....by then everyone will know that you were pregnant at the time of the wedding.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I wouldn't tell anyone... but that's just because I wouldn't want that news to over shadow my big day.

Congratulations on both things, by the way!
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You want the wedding to be the topic of celebration, hold off until you get back adn tell everyone to add and continue the joy. Many times people think the wedding is about the bride and forget that the groom also thinks of it as a big day, let him (and yourself) enjoy it. There is plenty of time to celebrate the baby, afterwards.

CONGRATS!!!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I say you don't tell. It's YOUR day---your WEDDING day!! They should be praising YOU for your wedding. Wait a couple weeks and then tell everyone.

I think at 10 weeks no one should be able to tell, unless you have more than 1 baby growing in there!! :)

Good luck, enjoy your wedding. And then enjoy telling everyone about your new bundle of joy!!!
  • Kicking
    Kicking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Keep it to yourself if you don't want it to be the topic of conversation. I just had my 3rd baby 9weeks ago but didnt tell anyone I was pregnant till I was 28 weeks pregnant because you wouldn't have noticed. So at 10 weeks you shouldn't have any sign of a bump yet.x
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tell if you want to but the supposedly "safe" point anyway is 12 weeks. I agree that you shouldn't be showing unless there's more than one!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts - why tell? it is your day and it is no ones business except you and Dad. After the honeymoon word can get out - but until then I would just keep "Mum"
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I think you should keep it to yourself, you dont want anyone to ruin your day with snootie comments, because people can be so mean..Not sure how long you have been planning your wedding...but even even you have been planning it a long time, people will try to be rude with comments like "Is that why you are getting married?" and blah blah blah blah

Enjoy your day and tell them when you are darn good and ready

Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love that this site allows me to work out my half thoughts anonymously. We have been planning the wedding for over a year and it got pushed back to August because I needed time to plan it after finishing classes in May. I have been craving another baby for a long time now, and did not want external factors to make my reproductive choices for me. Now I just have to put my money where my mouth is and accept the consequences of my impatience! I will totally post a wedding pic and you guys can tell me if I look prego! but hopefully nobody else will have the gall to say anything! ha ha