I'm new but have been lurking

Options
lsalazarii
lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
Hi
Fist post although I have been lurking reading about everyone's success!!!!

I started dieting in early April... high chlorestrol, high sugar, high blood pressure etc.
Have done a complete lifestyle change since the dr scared me!!! I am in the "over 50 crowd".
It has been so inspiring to read all of the stories. I also love the food and weight trackers on this site.

Lou

67723.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Fist post although I have been lurking reading about everyone's success!!!!

I started dieting in early April... high chlorestrol, high sugar, high blood pressure etc.
    Have done a complete lifestyle change since the dr scared me!!! I am in the "over 50 crowd".
    It has been so inspiring to read all of the stories. I also love the food and weight trackers on this site.

Lou

67723.png
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Glad you came out of hiding!

Hope to see ou around more often. :bigsmile:
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome to the message boards! They are fun and supportive its how I spend my playhouse disney time!

69451.png

1st Goal: 165 By My Daughter's 1st Birthday
    2nd Goal: 140 By My Husband's Birthday
    Ultimate Goal: To Be a size 6
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome. People are great motavators, support and sometimes a good laugh. My doctor scared me too a couple of months ago, I dont see him until the end of this month, I was told too loose 10 pounds so see if it helped for the diabetes he told me I had. So as you can see by my ticker I lost way more that that hoping it means I dont have to be put on medication. It is too bad some of us need such a tramatic scare to start taking care of our selves. Glad to see some of us take it seriously. Good Luck and keep up the great work. See you around. :bigsmile:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Good to see more of us "over 50's" here.....welcome! :flowerforyou:

Here you go....a great line to use on your friends. My dad, after pasing 80 years of age, used to say:

"I'm close to 80 ....(slight pause) ... but not as close as I used to be!
    He was a great wit/!

So now you can tell people you are close to 50!
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for coming out! I too am a lurker, I occasionally post but not real often. I love this site and the people on it. ******* BEWARE******* This place is addictive :laugh: