When do you see the weight loss progress?

Options
So far i've lost 20 lbs in about 2 months, and i can't really see it.. When do you start noticing the change?

Replies

• RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you have a before picture? If so, take a current picture and compare the two. It's hard to see something change when you look at it daily.
  • jandjcassidy
    Options
    You can tell by changes in your clothes or with your rings on fingers!!maybe went down a buckle in your belt!?
  • agooddaytodiesoft
    Options
    You can tell by changes in your clothes or with your rings on fingers!!maybe went down a buckle in your belt!?

Clothes fit much better! jackets are more loose and so forth, but i don't really see the progress on myself..
  • jandjcassidy
    Options
    Do you have a before picture? If so, take a current picture and compare the two. It's hard to see something change when you look at it daily.

Thats exactly it! take a pic of you and you can see your progress along the way!! It's the small things that count!!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Look at your old pics, you won't notice because you see yourself everyday
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    get ahold of a tape measure...get your exact sizes down and set it aside. if you check that once every month or so, you'll be able to see those changes better. :) i had a weight plateau for about a month, but i was losing inches.

keep at it! :)
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to see it too, until I put on a pair of jeans and can see the gap between them and my stomach...these are jeans that used to fit uncomfortably tight
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i've lost 27lbs and didn't notice any difference in person (only my neck). i compared my starting pictures with recent pictures and it helped me notice the difference!
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it seems like forever! This is an exercise in practicing patience and consistency. You WILL see the change....you just have to wait! Some people a little longer than others!
  • torymichaels
    Options
    I saw mine within a couple of weeks, at most a month (I lost about 12 pounds that first month), and big-time within 10 weeks. I'd just bought three pairs of pants, two in the size I was at and one that I could fit in, but it wasn't really comfortable. I've already shrunk to the point where I don't need to bother unfastening the two pairs of pants to go to the bathroom, and the third pair fits just fine. I was able to get back into shorts that I hadn't worn in 2+ years about 3 weeks ago (woot!) and my shirts all look much better. Heck, people who didn't know I was losing weight have commented on it.

And yes, I did the picture thing too.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It really helps to keep track somewhere--measurements, candid photography (wink wink, nudge nudge), and old pants. Even face pics will show a difference after a 20 lb loss.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell for the first 20. I think it was around 30. A big reason was that I wore mostly knit pants, and it took that long to go from tight to loose. Also, it took a while to start showing in my face.

But now even 6-8 pounds makes a difference. I am much closer to my goal.
  • RosalindaRamos26
    Options
    For me, it's been in pictures and pants/jeans.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I've lost only 11 lbs and my jeans that were getting tighter feel a lot more lose around the leg and not so tight around my stomach. No one has said anything tho. But my clothes say enough.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Take a picture and compare it to an older one. You'll see it. Trust me. :)
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said, pictures are a huge part of seeing progress.

I've lost 23 pounds so far and at first I couldn't see a difference, and honestly was starting to feel a little bummed. Even though the scale showed pounds lost, and the measuring tape showed inches lost, I felt like I looked exactly the same.

I looked at some pictures of myself from last summer, definitely noticed the progress and was the kick in the rear I needed to keep going. My face just looks different (way less round) and the weight loss was very noticeable.

Since we typically look in the mirror every day, our brains adapt to the tiny changes, so that it doesn't really seem like a big difference.