Help! Short sleeved shirts for bigger arms

Options
Hiya just wondering if any of you know of a good brand that puts out longer length shirts in the arm. Like maybe 3/4 or shorter. I have the pleasure of having big arms and I'm very self conscious about it but I don't want to sweat when the summer comes. It seems most sleeves are cut very short.

Thanks!

Replies

• jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hiya just wondering if any of you know of a good brand that puts out longer length shirts in the arm. Like maybe 3/4 or shorter. I have the pleasure of having big arms and I'm very self conscious about it but I don't want to sweat when the summer comes. It seems most sleeves are cut very short.

Thanks!

I'm female and have this problem except that my arms aren't too big. Since I've lost 130 pounds I have batwings and stretch marks on the underside of my upper arms. Don't want to disgust anyone and need to buy summer shirts with a longer sleeve too.

Waiting for replies. Thanks for asking this question.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Try the big and tall stores?

My husband has a hard time finding proper clothes sometimes because he's not really fat, but he's just a big guy. VERY broad in the shoulders and has big upper arms too, he's had luck with big and tall sections.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I prefer 3/4 sleeves. They suit my body type best. When I cannot find a shirt with that length of sleeves, I buy a long-sleeve shirt and alter it.

For a cheapie source of 3/4 sleeve shirts, I like H&M. Mango is also good, for dresses.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I prefer 3/4 sleeves. They suit my body type best. When I cannot find a shirt with that length of sleeves, I buy a long-sleeve shirt and alter it.

For a cheapie source of 3/4 sleeve shirts, I like H&M. Mango is also good, for dresses.

This, I always wear 3/4 sleeves as well, way more flattering on my big ole arms lol
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't have a very specific answer, but most shirts I buy from Tilly's have much longer sleeves than most companies. Brands like Infamous (theirs are almost always nice and long!) are sold there which I looooveee. I have the same problem and much prefer longer sleeves but they're reallllly rare to come across.

If that type of clothes if your style I'd suggest going and trying some stuff on.
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Some of the stores you mentioned I don't have over here :( I will check H&M I didn't realize they are known for the 3/4 length!
    So annoying to have to throw a cardigan on top of a sleeveless dress in the summer! Nice armed girls don't know how good they have it!

Working towards fixing my arms but its going to be awhile!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For inexpensive options I would say try Dots. They do a lot with the cold shoulder look right now, which gives you a nice summery feel but still covers what I consider my problem areas on my arms. They also have a few 3/4 length tops right now. Good luck!
  • TLWallperson
    Options
    Thanks!
    [/quote]

I'm female and have this problem except that my arms aren't too big. Since I've lost 130 pounds I have batwings and stretch marks on the underside of my upper arms. Don't want to disgust anyone and need to buy summer shirts with a longer sleeve too.

Waiting for replies. Thanks for asking this question.
    [/quote]

I have the whole bat wing thing going on as well...I was wondering if you know of some way to get rid of the extra skin. Right now I'm afraid that my arms are always going to look like this and I will never be able to wear anything sleeveless again.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am a woman with big arms!!! I hate them! When I get a pic taken, I always try to move my arm away from my body a little so it looks smaller. lol. When its right against my body, it presses and the fat widens to make my arm look huge. Totally working on it though. I use 25lb dumbells for tricep and bicep workouts.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I found some really cute summer tops today, but every single one of them had cap sleeves or butterfly sleeves. I wish they'd consider that some plus-size women want to cover their arms. I usually end up buying some lightweight, blousy tunics that breathe well or those cold-shoulder tops someone mentioned. I still feel like an idiot wearing longer sleeves in the summer, though. :( I can't wait to get rid of these bat wings and start wearing t-shirts and tanks again.