MFP beats WW any day!

Options
This is such a great site. Its free as compared to WW who charge me a small fortune to tell me how many points (calories) something is. MFP has a far better support system. You can come on here anytime, ask a question, and get attacked far less then WW. I dont even bother going on their boards anymore. I asked a question about Hashimoto's thyroiditis and had some snot tell me that If I worked out as much as I claimed I would be losing weight and how others on WW are on meds and lose weight. She knew nothing about my disease. Im in the Military and we have to go the gym daily.. I stopped WW that day because I was so pissed about that reaction..I love this site as I feel as there is far more support
Thanks MFP

Replies

• AmandaBiggs09
    AmandaBiggs09 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree, although I have seen it get ugly on here. But for someone to bash you when they have no idea about the disease is ridiculous.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There are snots on here too, no doubt about it. However, many people are very kind and helpful.

The biggest thing I recommend is use the search button when you have a question. The people that have been on here for awhile tend to get cranky about answering the same question five times a week. They'll do it, but they don't do it as nicely as they did the first ten times, ya know what I mean? lol

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss and I hope you continue to find this site encouraging and supportive! :)
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree. I just joined recently and I've already learned so much.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Glad you like it here. Hope you found your info on your thyroid. I have it also and it does make it harder to lose. Make sure your meds are the correct dosage. Even 25 mcg can make a difference. Good luck to you.
  • capergirl770
    capergirl770 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOL 've actually noticed that lately with people getting hateful about repeatitve questions..
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate WW. It's not a diet, it's a business model that preys on people with limited knowledge of nutrition. And 'free' foods are stupid.
    /rant

I'm glad you like MFP. It's a great community, even when it isn't ;)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    MFP changed my life. :smile:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I agree it can be just as bad on here. The trick is to not engage in the trolls, trouble makers and drama queens. And watch out for the amateur experts lol
  • capergirl770
    Options
    Totally Agree!!
  • croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is completely outrageous! You dare to finish a post without proper punctuation?!?! Do they not teach ANYTHING in the military?!?!

I'm just kidding. I'm a Navy vet and enjoy this place so I came out of lurking. I've noticed there are snots here as well but that's why there's Kleenex. =]
  • capergirl770
    Options
    oh the grammar police is in the house!!!!!!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Do the WW boards have an ignore feature? If not that is a huge strike against that site. Plus, the you have to pay thing. Except for my daughter she can use it free cuz it's a benefit at her job.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For the most part people on here are really supportive. I just ignore those jerks that get nasty because there's the same question they've answered before. They could just ignore the post & get on with it.
    I'm glad you switched to MFP. I haven't been to WW (cost $ as opposed to free). Anyone I personally know has gained back some or all of their weight on WW.
    Welcome to the community.
    :)
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like MFP better too.
    I gained weight following WW to the letter. I also find it much more user friendly. I have yet to scan an item that was not in the database already. The WW scanner struggled to read and seldom recognized items I used daily.
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There are snots on here too, no doubt about it. However, many people are very kind and helpful.

The biggest thing I recommend is use the search button when you have a question. The people that have been on here for awhile tend to get cranky about answering the same question five times a week. They'll do it, but they don't do it as nicely as they did the first ten times, ya know what I mean? lol

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss and I hope you continue to find this site encouraging and supportive! :)

It's kinda funny, nobody makes you reply to a thread yet people get on their high horse and answer things rudely. Now if you have been on here for years then perhaps you aren't sticking to a healthy eating plan and are just taking your frustration out on others?

Find like minded people for support and be honest with your diary and this is a great place.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    They have alot of money to drop on advertising, most of the day time TV WW is every other commercial. They have a confusing points system which doesn't help in the long run. You might have some success losing weight the first time but you'll have problems keeping it off. This means you have to keep on paying which is what they want. Its a business for them and its big money. They have WW points slapped on alot of items in the Supermarkets from big name brands and licensing the WW Brand for food products.

Generally I found MFP to have more users that are more serious about losing weight since they are willing to do more research and not have someone hold their hands.