Has anybody had any luck with raspberry ketones?

Options
karenertl
karenertl Posts: 271 Member
I've been considering trying to use raspberry ketones to lose the extra pounds that won't budge because I've heard they've been endorsed by Dr. Oz. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them. If you have any other successful tips, please feel free to share them. I'm tempted to get a fat loss supplement like Alli, so I'm also willing to get any advice on that as well.

EDIT: If you're looking for friends on here for extra support, please feel free to add me. It's nice to try to help encourage others in their goals.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You can skip the ketones. Just eat raspberries....or blueberries...or strawberries. Much better for you. :)

And unless you like frequent trips to the bathroom and wearing a incontinence pad, I would skip the Alli. Been there. I ended up throwing most of it out.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning about the Alli! I've heard some fat loss supplements like that are bad for the liver and kidneys, anyway, so I'll happily skip that.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and get regular exercise. It is the cheapest and most effective route.
  • KryssLee
    KryssLee Posts: 13
    Options
    I just started it. My good friend told me to drink atleast 8 cups of water a day to help with it (like cleansing) since we heard about the kidney problem too.. I already felt a little bit of a difference.. such as metabolism. Don't know if it's a placebo affect or actually the Ketones.. I'll give it a week to see
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I just started it. My good friend told me to drink atleast 8 cups of water a day to help with it (like cleansing) since we heard about the kidney problem too.. I already felt a little bit of a difference.. such as metabolism. Don't know if it's a placebo affect or actually the Ketones.. I'll give it a week to see

Wow, you can feel your metabolism!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yykg3ie.gif
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. Raspberry ketones are bull****.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I use raspberry ketones when gambling and I seem to have gotten a +10% Luck boost from them!! However the Luck bonus wears off when I use the restroom.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Yykg3ie.gif
    this
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried them once. My sugar level jumped up dramatically! I figure Dr. Oz is just a quack trying to make a buck. If you are drinking water to help cleanse, it's probably the water helping you to lose weight. I agree with the good old natural way. Good eating habits and exercise. When you relearn how to eat, your weight should go to a healthy weight and stay there. Good luck.
  • Jilleelicious
    Jilleelicious Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried them and they gave me high blood pressure. I went off of them and with time my blood pressure went back down.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • Munchkin_fyi
    Munchkin_fyi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow. good thing I stumbled upon this post! just bought some raspberry ketones today... good thing they weren't too expensive!!!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I've been considering trying to use raspberry ketones to lose the extra pounds that won't budge because I've heard they've been endorsed by Dr. Oz. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them. If you have any other successful tips, please feel free to share them. I'm tempted to get a fat loss supplement like Alli, so I'm also willing to get any advice on that as well.

EDIT: If you're looking for friends on here for extra support, please feel free to add me. It's nice to try to help encourage others in their goals.

I don't understand this thread. Dr. Oz is on television! Everything he says must be 100% accurate or nobody would watch his show. His show quite popular so he must know everything there is to know about health right?

What am I missing here? Don't believe everything you read on the internet. If his views are presented on prime time television they must be true!

lol
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just got them so I am crossing my fingers that they help. I know there is no magic pill but it was cheep and worth a shot.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Before you get ripped to shreds (this is not the first post of this type), here is a group for you where you may have more positive feedback. These threads usually don't end well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/50-supplement-reviews
  • DatNative21
    DatNative21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    seriously no they dont work i took them for a month and my diet is on point its waste of money
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I used them WITH green coffee bean. couldn't tell a thing. certainly didn't help me lose any more than a measly 4 lbs/month. I used to lke Dr. Oz. Now I just think he likes to hear himself yak.