7000 mg's of sodium in 12 chicken wings? Am I going to die?

Options
I had 12 wings from Papa Johns. I just discovered that includes 7000 mg's of sodium. Is this legal? Can I sue for the 3.5 days of my life I just lost.

Screw you Papa John!!! I figured it was going to be bad but I never thought it would be this bad. Sneaking some extra salt in is one thing, but this seems like a deliberate poisoning!!

I will NEVER EVER eat your food and I will make sure none of my family, friends or neighbors eat your food. I am on the phone with my Cuban abuela right NOW making her curse you with the foulest curse that the Santeria religion has.

My jihad against Papa John's starts now. Chinga Te Pendejo!!

Replies

• mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lol!
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings are the devil.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    chill... Only sodium :laugh:
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just put your face up to the faucet and drink non stop for an hour ;0
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    Consider each wing 100 calories..
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    sodium is good.

papa john's is good.

together, clearly, what you have is something even gooder.
  • Crucifry
    Crucifry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Abuela! Love it!!! Hahaha!
  • TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    last time i had chicken wings then logged them, i freaked out haha went home and did a pretty big set to offset them a little bit. pretty crazy
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey, I went to Jack Astor's in Canada tonight for my birthday. I thought I would err on the side of caution, so I ordered a veggie burger. Much to my chagrin, it was over 800 calories. Might as well had a beef burger!
  • stacyboh
    stacyboh Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow. Glad I don't like chicken wings lol;D
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I havent had them n a while, but I had no idea they were that bad. Back in the day,I could have had a full basket of them and thought they were the 'good' option - ahhhhhhhh, bliss!!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Not unless you somehow magically stop maintaining homeostasis. Also, the LD50 for table salt as determined in rats is 3,000 mg per kg body mass. So you've technically consumed enough salt in chicken wing form to kill a 2.3 kg rat. Good job.

MSDS reference:

http://fscimage.fishersci.com/msds/21105.htm
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Went to IKEA last week and had the smoked salmon salad. I thought maybe 250 MAX.......... 340 excluding the side salad I had to buy with it to make the porton half way norma!!!! Should have gone for the meatballs!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Picture-42.png&w=500&zc=1&q=80&bid=1

MMMMM That's why they call them Big Pappa
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Not unless you somehow magically stop maintaining homeostasis. Also, the LD50 for table salt as determined in rats is 3,000 mg per kg body mass. So you've technically consumed enough salt in chicken wing form to kill a 2.3 kg rat. Good job.

MSDS reference:

Thanks. This is the second most disturbing thing I have heard all day.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was super bummed when I found out recently that HALF a panini at Panera Bread was 1,500 mg sodium or close to it. It was ridiculous. It should have tasted like I was straight-up eating salt! ...Oh... wait... I suppose it did. :laugh:

But no, you are not going to die. Just drink lots of water and sweat it all out. My boyfriend eats more salt than anyone I know. The "About Me" section of his Facebook profile simply says "I eat a lot of salt. I go to the gym, then eat more salt. I'm also extremely interesting, if you really really like guys who eat salt."

It may kill him eventually, but I'm pretty sure he's okay with it. He does taste salty sometimes though-- not in a sweaty-salty way, but a table-salty way, lol.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

MSDS reference:

Thanks. This is the second most disturbing thing I have heard all day.

I aim to please.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I hate sodium!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was super bummed when I found out recently that HALF a panini at Panera Bread was 1,500 mg sodium or close to it. It was ridiculous. It should have tasted like I was straight-up eating salt! ...Oh... wait... I suppose it did. :laugh:

But no, you are not going to die. Just drink lots of water and sweat it all out. My boyfriend eats more salt than anyone I know. The "About Me" section of his Facebook profile simply says "I eat a lot of salt. I go to the gym, then eat more salt. I'm also extremely interesting, if you really really like guys who eat salt."

It may kill him eventually, but I'm pretty sure he's okay with it. He does taste salty sometimes though-- not in a sweaty-salty way, but a table-salty way, lol.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    LOL "My boyfriend tastes like salt".:laugh:
    Um....that might be an actual medical issue.......

[/quote]