Weighing food???

Options
Hi, so i'm new here. Me and my boyfriend are trying this out and we're having a little difference of opinion about weighing food. We had steak last night and we both had 4 oz. Are you supposed to weigh the food before or after you cook it?

Replies

• irishkels
    irishkels Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, so i'm new here. Me and my boyfriend are trying this out and we're having a little difference of opinion about weighing food. We had steak last night and we both had 4 oz. Are you supposed to weigh the food before or after you cook it?
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you are logging it. For example if you sear ch for tri tip steak it will bring up numerous options, some are raw some are broiled etc. I like to log after its cooked since you don't know how much fat will cook off.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    i weigh it after, and I log it as cooked. for example you can find "chicken breast, grilled, 3oz" and "chicken breast, raw, 3oz" both in the database, so it doesnt matter which way you do it as long as you're consistent.
  • irishkels
    irishkels Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your help.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Yep, depends on which selection you pick in the food base. I always do after though, especially with pork or beef because I HATE fatty bits and cut every little piece off the meat.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Sorry again to bring up an old thread (I like to search before starting a new thread). I just had 4oz of Tyson 100% Natural Chicken Breast. I logged it in as 4 oz frozen, but it ended up being 4oz after grilled. I'm going to edit my entry. This site is the best!! :drinker: