7000 mg's of sodium in 12 chicken wings? Am I going to die?

Options
2»

Replies

• 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ouch--that's a lot. But no, you're not going to die. Drink water, and soldier on.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If you don't, you'll be the first. It probably won't be because of that particular order of chicken wings, though.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had 12 wings from Papa Johns. I just discovered that includes 7000 mg's of sodium. Is this legal? Can I sue for the 3.5 days of my life I just lost.

Screw you Papa John!!! I figured it was going to be bad but I never thought it would be this bad. Sneaking some extra salt in is one thing, but this seems like a deliberate poisoning!!

I will NEVER EVER eat your food and I will make sure none of my family, friends or neighbors eat your food. I am on the phone with my Cuban abuela right NOW making her curse you with the foulest curse that the Santeria religion has.

My jihad against Papa John's starts now. Chinga Te Pendejo!!

ROFL! This is one of my favorite posts here yet!
  • k_diddly
    k_diddly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not unless you somehow magically stop maintaining homeostasis. Also, the LD50 for table salt as determined in rats is 3,000 mg per kg body mass. So you've technically consumed enough salt in chicken wing form to kill a 2.3 kg rat. Good job.

MSDS reference:

http://fscimage.fishersci.com/msds/21105.htm

No....only 50% of 2.3 kg rats!!!

;)
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I hate sodium!

There should be some rule that they cannot use tons of sodium. It is in EVERYTHING that we eat. Even innocent soups, lunch meat and bread...not to mention the all-time comfort food MACARONI & CHEESE. I can't eat more than 2000mg/day or else my legs turn into water balloons with knee joints. Curse the sodium!
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was super bummed when I found out recently that HALF a panini at Panera Bread was 1,500 mg sodium or close to it. It was ridiculous. It should have tasted like I was straight-up eating salt! ...Oh... wait... I suppose it did. :laugh:

But no, you are not going to die. Just drink lots of water and sweat it all out. My boyfriend eats more salt than anyone I know. The "About Me" section of his Facebook profile simply says "I eat a lot of salt. I go to the gym, then eat more salt. I'm also extremely interesting, if you really really like guys who eat salt."

It may kill him eventually, but I'm pretty sure he's okay with it. He does taste salty sometimes though-- not in a sweaty-salty way, but a table-salty way, lol.

I also had a meal at Panera the other day (1/2 turkey bravo sandwich and cup of black bean soup), only to find out the sodium was ridiculous! It is amazing what we learn once we start paying attention!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love chicken wings...but, that's why I make my own...you'll live. Drink, sweat, pee. TMI??? :laugh:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    54c3f7.gif

Seriously my face reading this, hahaha. As a Latina with a family full of Santera's this was extra funny. Oh and probs a good idea to drink a lot of water to flush out that salt, so ya know..you don't die. :tongue: