TDEE experts it's my first time, please check my math

Options
By going to http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html and entering my stats (female,174.8lbs, 5'2.5", age 34) and moderate exercise 3-5 days a week) this is the part I am not sure I selected right- activity level, do they mean cardio ....or any exercise? Then I took that number 2389x.8 and got 1911 to eat at a 20% deficit.

I am heavy lifting on this schedule
Mon.- 20 minute warm up on elliptical, Bis, Shoulders, Chest, Squats
Tues.- 20 minute warm up on elliptical, Tris, Back, Lunges, Deadlifts and ab work
Thurs.- 20 minute warm up on elliptical, Bis, Shoulders, Chest, Squats, Deadlifts
Fri.- 20 minute warm up on elliptical, Tris, Back, Lunges, and ab work

Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday I do whatever strikes my fancy don't really consider them 'workout' days: a long walk, bike ride, or a cheesy 80's workout video (this girl has the whole Buns of Steel collection on VHS, no joke) but it is usually pretty chill, not doing any HIIT or any intense cardio yet. Kinda wanted to worry about making some muscles first, so there is something to see when the weight comes off, also I feel this will benefit my metabolism more in the long run, that is to just go ahead and start in the weight room. Doing this slowly and methodically (trying my best anyway) to lose weight and build sexy muscles at the same time. :smile:

So, did I do my calorie calculations right?

Replies

• luckyshilling
    Options
    Guess everyone is at the gym...:ohwell:
  • Jojo1470
    Jojo1470 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump...I'd like to see what they say too. I've been doing that method for about 3 weeks, I feel better and get results faster.
  • Jojo1470
    Jojo1470 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I plugged yoru numbers into fat2fitradio's BMR calculator - the BMR number is probably off because I do not know your BF%, but this is what I got:

Entered information: 34 year old female, 62.5 inches tall, weighing 174.8 pounds, BMI of 31.5 (Obese).

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 175 lbs.

Harris-Benedict Formula

There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1549 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level

Daily Calories

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level.

So, according to these number you eat 2401 minus a 20% deficit to get 1920. Really close to your numbers, so I would start around there and see how it goes. Best of luck to you!