Hi! I'm kind of new

Options
Zieskej
Zieskej Posts: 33 Member
Hi everyone! I am new, well sort of to MFP. I started about a year ago. Then fell off the bandwagon when my grandmother passed away. At the start of the new year, 2013, I told myself this was going to be it, I am going to do it. then again after a few short weeks found myself not logging my food again. not exercising, which is a big one for me.

I am having problems staying motivated. I have good intentions. I sit here and think today I am going to do this, and this, and that, for exercise and only got one of them done.

How do you keep yourself motivated? I want to get healthier for my children. In order to do that I need to lose 75 pounds...

I am always looking for new friends to help keep me motivated too. I know first hand from someone that MFP does work. She has logged in for over 475 days in a row and has lost close to 60 pounds. She has a kick butt workout routine and is very inspirational to me. So why do I lose my motivation?

Replies

• mlalka
    mlalka Posts: 16
    Options
    My wife wanted to start logging in calories and track what she ate and exercised. I came across this site. She started and began losing weight. I stay motivated by working as a team. We prepare our meals together and plan what we are going to eat ahead of time. We don't compete with one another, but encourage one another when needed. I would be more than happy to be on your friend list and help you along with your journey.
  • kittypurrry1
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother :/ It's funny how one spends more time thinking about what they should be doing than the time it actually takes to just stop thinking about it and doing it. Start out with small goals. Find activities that you enjoy. Below are some quotes that motivates me:

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do" -John Wooden

"Far too often, our progress is limited by our minds, not by our bodies!"

Good luck! :)
  • ursularigg
    Options
    What helped me start being, and staying, motivated was the buddy system. I and a co-worker cook food on Sunday for our weekly lunches. We also run together after work. We help each other be accountable for what we put in our mouths. We look at calories like money in a bank account. If we've spent our allotment on a big treat earlier in the day then we have little to spend at the end of the day. We are also big label readers. If you knew what was really in the packaged/canned foods that you consume you'd be sick. Lastly, we imagine ourselves as we want to be not as we are. It's amazing how, after only a short time, you can really see yourself as thin. It just takes practice.