Successful, delicious dinner... tried tonight!

Options
Hey!

So, I made a "stuffed" sweet potato dish tonight. Not only was it incredibly easy, but it had very few ingredients (which you can tweak to your liking). Aaaand, I probably could have made it even healthier.... see the asterik** below.

Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:
-Sweet potatoes (2)

-pulled pork** (we bought pre-BBQ-sauced stuff because we were short on time tonight, but you can obviously make homemade in the slow-cooker, or what have you; if you do, the only other real ingredient you need is BBQ sauce [and your choice of spices] to taste)

Directions:
-Pre-heat oven to 400 degees F.

-Poke holes in sweet potatoes. Place on cookie sheet and put in oven for one hour.

-When potatoes are done cooking, cut open lengthwise and pour in sauced pork (**if homemade, you will obviously have to vary the time in which you put in the potatoes)

I'm tellin' ya, it's delicious. I like heat so I chopped up a serrano, and I threw in some diced white onion and garlic (I blame my Italian roots).

You really can't mess this up. And my dinner was less than 500 calories tonight. So I complemented it with a glass--or two!--of wine.

Enjoy! :)

Replies

• Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I will be trying this tomorrow night!! thanks for sharing!!
  • jwdesiree
    jwdesiree Posts: 31
    Options
    Seriously, so easy and so good :)
  • lclemur
    lclemur Posts: 11
    Options
    Were they sweet potatoes or yams? I once thought they were the same, only to find out that yams are sweeter, and I wasn't too keen on the sweet potato.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    How do you think this would taste with BBQ chicken, instead? Not a huge fan of pulled pork
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bummmmp!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just made some pulled pork today(tons) this is a great idea.
  • jwdesiree
    Options
    How do you think this would taste with BBQ chicken, instead? Not a huge fan of pulled pork

I bet it'd be just as good, if not better! Let me know how it goes for you and then I might tailor my recipe! :) Good suggestion, definitely.
  • jwdesiree
    Options
    Were they sweet potatoes or yams? I once thought they were the same, only to find out that yams are sweeter, and I wasn't too keen on the sweet potato.

They were definitely sweet potatoes (at least that's what the supermarket said)... If you like yams better, I say try it with yams!

I have always thought they were the same thing, too...
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Two of my favourite things, pulled pork and sweet potatoes! Trying it:)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!! I'd make mine with :love: bbq tvp ....I'm not much of a meat eater :happy:
  • BrilliantResilient1
    BrilliantResilient1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gretcat
    gretcat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great idea - I'm going to make it tonight - thanks!! :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, nice combo, I might tweak that a bit!
  • fayefern
    fayefern Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump!!