Why are weekends so hard

Options
My routine doesn't change the only difference is my husband is home. I can't figure why I have such a hard time sticking to my eating plan. I seem to binge more on weekends. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I know it's unusual but I'm the opposite. My worst problems occur during the week. Stuck at work, snacks around, procrastinating. All bad for my eating.

Weekends I'm more likely to go over because I go out and do something fun which personally I feel is a better option than going over because I mindlessly snacked on junk at work.

I imagine for you it's probably the "oh it's the weekend lets relax" feeling that perhaps comes from your husband being home.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    ugh yes! same here, only thing that's different is my hubby is home. I do awesome on weekdays when i am alone for most of the day. But on weekends, i feel like it doesnt matter for some reason. Really struggled tonight. :(
  • williecruiser
    Options
    Yep! Just finished a calzone. And this is the day I am getting back to my weight lose journy. No more crap.
  • ccludden
    ccludden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. On the weekends my husband likes to go out and eat. I try and balance it with exercise. But Monday weigh ins are very stressful
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Try making a new weekend routine. Go for a family walk or leave your husband with the kids while you go take a special class.

You might be falling into old habits when your husband is home, so it can help to have new habits or a change of scenery.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat more on the weekends, too :/ It's because I don't have willpower while my man and kids are eating yummy naughty food! GR!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I can't stick to any schedule when my husband is home. he was home two days last week, too.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Uh, no. I am retired from my job and I live on a farm, so all days are the same. Have to haul hay, feed horses, etc., same thing every day, wouldn't know it was a weekend without looking at the calendar, so...no difference.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    why not save extra calories MON-FRI in order to account for weekend eating.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Maybe it's your subconscious telling you "hey, it's the weekend - time to relax" and you're just being more lenient about what you eat, too?
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I eat out on the weekends and have some well deserved fun times! So I just add an extra workout, it's all good! You still have to enjoy life, but just do it in moderation.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My routine doesn't change the only difference is my husband is home. I can't figure why I have such a hard time sticking to my eating plan. I seem to binge more on weekends. Anyone else experience this?

I can identify with you on the difficulty of weekends but I experience this at night. I hate the nights because I'm usually restless and don't want to go to bed too early. I combat this successfully by simply finding an activity to do that doesn't involve food. For me food is an addiction and an unfortunate one.
  • jenlovesjeff
    Options
    Weekends are the worst! My husband and I are both trying to lose weight, but when we're together and having fun we eat. And we eat very calorie dense foods. I think one problem may be that we connect yummy foods with happiness. On the weekends we are free from our work responsibilities and we only have those two days to cram in our fun and relaxation. Adding restraint to that is really hard to do!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It's the weekend. It's supposed to be "time off from strict stuff." My willpower has been tested many times these past few weekends. Been giving it a good workout, it feels stronger..
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It those damned "S" days! I like to say, "It's my DAYS" lol
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i hear you - weekends are my weaknesses. they're the bane of my existence. i love weekends, but hate them too.
    it seems as though i seriously let my aspirations fly out the window - it's like my health comes second to socializing and delicacies when the weekend comes around.

it takes about three months to really have mastered self-control.
    it's a long process, but with the right support and the right mindset, you should be able to control your willpower much better as you work hard at mastering this.

feel free to add me! we can help each other out.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yes, weekends are my weakness too...It's because my partner is home & he likes to eat.....
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my biggest challenge too! I do so well during the week because I have a routine- I eat at 9am, 10am, 1pm and 5:30pm (respectively)

. I'm good, I hit 1,000 cals while at work, and have a 400 cal dinner when I get home. I like having this schedule, but the weekends everything is so random and eating over at the family's house makes it extra hard.

The biggest thing that's helped me is to eat at the same times as I eat during the week and keep myself busy with things to do so that I don't eat out of boredom.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I tend to get tired of the whole thing by the time Friday rolls around and feel like for being good all week, I deserve a treat. Or lots of treats!
    For a while I actually started shifting my thinking to thinking of weekends as Last Chance Workouts (watch Biggest Loser) and using them to do major workouts and then weighing in on Monday mornings.. it helped.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. On the weekends my husband likes to go out and eat. I try and balance it with exercise. But Monday weigh ins are very stressful

Can you change your weigh in day to Tuesday or Wednesday?