I love smoothies but hate bananas

Options
124»

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!! I always felt I was missing something. I HATE bananas!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!! I always felt I was missing something. I HATE bananas!

You're welcome. You ever see those youtubes of dogs trying to eat peanut butter? That's what I look like trying to eat a banana :(
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you don't like bananas there are tons of other fruits that will give your smoothie a creamy texture. Avocados, mangoes, and peaches are all great options. Basically just make sure the fruit you're using as a base isn't too watery - oranges add a nice flavour, but if they're you're primary fruit it'll wind up like more of a juice than a smoothie.

My current favourite smoothie is made with apples, blackberries, blueberries and a bit of ginger puree.
  • prettykitty01
    prettykitty01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    if only.....there was a way.....to make a smoothie ...using other fruits instead of bananas. if only....there were websites....devoted entirely to recipes. if only.....someone would invent a way.....to search the internet......for recipes

ah well. hopefully someone wikked smaht invents this stuff in the future

Why is there a message board at all then? How do we decide what questions are appropriate for the message board and what questions should be researched independently? Should we put someone in charge of that? Someone to deem questions appropriate or not?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    sometimes I add nut butters to my smoothies- they thicken it nicely
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I find that adding pineapple juice froths and creams up my smoothies. Also, a little coconut oil makes it taste smoother.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump * gotta get my smoothies-on ** bump