Stomach cramps from eating better? help!

Options
So since I have been eating WAY better, a lot of fruits, whole grain breads and vegatables I have been getting stomach cramps real bad. Well at least they feel like cramping. It feels like i did a bunch of crunches. Has this happend to anyone else or anyone know why these foods are effectiing me this way. Before I used to eat a lot of take and greasier foods. I am wondering if everything I am intaking now is just harder for my body to break down.

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It may be gas from all the fiber you're now eating. It'll take awhile for your body to get use to the switch. If it's extremely painful, I would definitely call your doctor and ask.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are eating way more fiber then you are used to.......proably........You will get used to it fiber is very good for you just your body isn't used to it.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    i was thinking the same thing. i eat a lot of stuff with fiber in it, and it always gives me horrible gas (and sometimes the runs). you can maybe try an over the counter pill for gas prevention. something like Beano, or i'm sure there's some sort of cheaper off-brand that will work just as well. good luck!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Yes, fiber can do that to you. I know I feel like that when I eat greasy food (like now - should NOT have gone out to lunch with the work gang!) but you're body should get used to it fairly soon and I guess you can take Gas-X to see if that helps relieve the pressure. Don't give up on the good stuff!!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Yea Gas-X or Beano Gas should clear that right up!!
  • JGrinwis
    JGrinwis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My first question would be with all your new fruits and veggies, are most of them raw. They could be pushing a lot of toxins through your system and if the majority are raw, it causes a lot of air pockets which can lead to intestinal discomfort.

Continue trying to drink a lot of water and I would cook your veggies a little to see if that helps. Also, try a different combination, especially of the fruits. Watching excessive tropical fruits etc or things that are higher in acids. Try some different things and keep a food journal to watch how you feel.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I think it's from the switch in foods. I've been experiencing some of that too. Just drink tons of water and try some gasx and/or beano.
    You can also back off a little on the gas producing foods and gradually reintroduce them to your diet.
  • darrenremer
    Options
    THANK you all! good to know i wasnt the only one. ingesting beano as we speak!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    awesome! let me know how it works? i might try it myself.