New here! Looking for buddies too!!

Options
Hello Everyone!

I am 32 years old, from Upstate NY and have been on the weight loss/gain roller coaster since I was probably 15. It has always been a huge struggle for me, I'm sure others can relate.

So...a little about my weight history.....I hit my highest weight of 255lbs (which NO one ever knew, nor could guess-ppl thought it was always lower) 4 years ago when my husband proposed, I vowed to lose weight for my wedding day. I went on Weight Watchers, lost 17lbs in a 5-6 months, stopped WW to become a gym rat for 3 months and lost 25 more lbs. On the day of my wedding, 3 years ago yesterday, I was 213lbs, maybe even a bit lower (I stopped weighting myself and hardly ate b/c of the craziness with wedding planning & events).

Dh and I started TTC in Nov. 08, we were Dx with MFI in 2/09, went through 4 infertility treatments with clomid during July - Oct all = BFN. We took a medical break for 6 months (all BFNs) and then tried one more infertility treatment using injectable drugs in April 2010, another BFN. We found a new Dr. (RE) in June 2010 and he immediately wanted to question if I have PCOS, so I am currently in testing for that and I am taking Metformin to help with that. Since my wedding weight of 213 and all these IF (infertility) drugs/stress/treatments, I have gained back 17.5lbs.(230.5).

So...on July 6, 2010, when I started the South Beach Diet, 9 days later (today), I am now 225.5lbs. I am very grateful for a friend recommending this site. From doing a little lurking, everyone seems very supportive and helpful. Looking forward to making new friends and losing some serious weight so Dh and I can get back on the baby train again.

Replies

• worththeweight
    Options
    welcome! I too am new, just joined last night. I can totally relate on the roller coast dieting! I've been dieting since people started telling me I needed to, around age 13 I would guess. I am now 49 and still battling with it. I am really trying to change some very bad habits and get a grip on this so that when I reach my 50th (ugh) birthday this December, I am on the road to new and healthy new habits!!

Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone is really suportive so jump right in.
    I've added you as a friend.

Lisa
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want
  • slh627
    slh627 Posts: 10
    Options
    welcome! i'm a newbie too! just joined on saturday, but already down 3.2 pounds.. this works so well and i love it! good luck on your journey!
  • bella2u07
    bella2u07 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone is really suportive so jump right in.
    I've added you as a friend.

Lisa

Thank you! I have added you too!
  • bella2u07
    bella2u07 Posts: 6
    Options
    welcome! i'm a newbie too! just joined on saturday, but already down 3.2 pounds.. this works so well and i love it! good luck on your journey!

Welcome to you too! Good luck to you too!!
  • ammoore96
    ammoore96 Posts: 6
    Options
    Just started a week ago and loving it!!! Good luck girly:) We can all do it!!
    Added you as a friend as well.:wink: