My Response To Her Questions!

Options
I received a message from a fellow comrade who asked me a few questions. Below are my responses take what you want from it, leave what you don't.

"You are very welcome, No I dont mind you asking questions at all :)

Now lets dive into this, shall we

How I did it?
I did a mixture of p90x and insanity for about 9 months the majority of the weight was lost in six months. And I ate 1600 calories a a day. I ate the same thing every single day for six months (would not recommend this). Because that was what I thought I had to do. I use to watch transformation videos daily and let myself know, if they can do it so can I. How I would do it now knowing what I know. I would keep the work out the same. But practice "If it fits your macros" (which i use now.) Losing the weight is the easy part.The hard part is maintaining the weight loss. Everyone is looking for the fast quick way. I was there before. But something to realize is that is not sustainable. So in my eyes the more extreme the diet plan the more it wont work for the long term.

Difficult bits. Nothing was harder then the other. Some days i didnt want to work out. or eat on my meal plan, but i sucked it up because my goals were bigger then then the hard ship. and nothing tastes as good as being fit feels. trust me :) The hardest thing for me was being consistent. I always tell people this is not the hardest thing I have done however it is the most consistent thing i have ever done.

Did i tell any one.
I told 2 people they are my 2 best friends, what made it easier is they were also working out and eating better with me so we had a little fitness group going. we would work out saturday mornings at the beach and report our weigh ins mondays mornings. Having them helped a lot. If you dont have anyone to be there with you you have to create your "Atmosphere" you need to eat sleep and breathe "fitness life style" When eating good and working out stops being something you do, and becomes something that is a part of you, success is inevitable.

I didnt tell people at work though, I work in a restaurant, and "Bad" foods are everywhere. I started bringing my food to work. The only thing I would eat from the restaurant would be grilled chicken, grilled fish or steak, occasionally white rice or veggies. I would weight and track everything before I ate it. after about 30 days I got my first "wow are you loosing weight?" comment boy did that feel good.

Now about you if I may...
I believe you wont tell anyone your going on this fitness journey because your scared of failing and/ or you feel you will look stupid in their eyes if you dont live up to their expectation of you. The person you have to make proud is the person who looks at you in the mirror. You cant fail if you keep trying, remember consistency :) If I were you I would only tell people who think are qualified to be in your "Atmosphere" Just make those life style changes and everyone else will take notice, any you will have your "wow are you loosing weight" comments too.

~ Demitris

p.s. Quote that helped me

-A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing

-You don’t try to build a wall. You don’t set out and say ‘I’m gonna build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that has ever been built’. You say ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid’. You do this every single day, and soon you have a wall.

-everyone want to be fit but no one wants to do the work"

Replies

• simplysera
    simplysera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    u r definetly motivating me! Tnx brthr!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I ate the same thing every single day for six months (would not recommend this).

It's been almost 15 months of eating the same thing every day for me.... why would you not recommend it? If you are happy with it then I dont see a problem.
  • teamiconic
    teamiconic Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    u r definetly motivating me! Tnx brthr!

Your welcome
  • teamiconic
    Options

I ate the same thing every single day for six months (would not recommend this).

It's been almost 15 months of eating the same thing every day for me.... why would you not recommend it? If you are happy with it then I dont see a problem.

There inherently wrong with it. But it is not sustainable for a lifetime. I had given up a lot by eating the same thing everyday. Outing with friends, family gatherings. There are more then enough examples of people achieving succes while still eating a verity of foods, ofcourse all the while keeping daily macros in mind.

Don't get me wrong eating the same thing every day is great is many regards. It's very easy, because you know what your gonna eat and it's very cost effective. If it it something that you enjoy doing and its working then by all means continue doing it. Hope that clarified my statement.
  • teamiconic
    Options
    Bump
  • karris43
    karris43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    'I use to watch transformation videos daily and let myself know, if they can do it so can I'

So important, especially if you are doing this alone. Keeping a positive attitude is so important.

Completely agree about changing lifestyle instead of extreme dieting in order to sustain the loss, you have covered some really good points here.

Thanks for posting this, it's very encouraging and helpful.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds this thread slightly odd? It could just be me....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

nope, not just you

GRxDB1i.gif?2
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

nope, not just you

GRxDB1i.gif?2

Only quoted to see the gif again. Like.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

nope, not just you

GRxDB1i.gif?2

This is what I did when I saw it.
    runaway_zpsd28e0a58.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Hello OP! all these people being mean..
    yjrVuiY.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought this was weird...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought this was weird...

x2
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    OP seems like a super smashing great guy by the way....:happy: :happy: I'm not being a mean old cow....honestly, sure he is a lovely chap, just weird post thats all.....
  • teamiconic
    Options
    Thank you all, "Take what you want, leave what you don't"
  • ShanShan722
    Options
    Thanks Teamiconic, great motivation for me! I do eat alot of my favorite thing every day, but you're right about not needing to eat the same thing every day to lose weight! :-)
  • teamiconic
    Options
    Thanks Teamiconic, great motivation for me! I do eat alot of my favorite thing every day, but you're right about not needing to eat the same thing every day to lose weight! :-)
    . Your welcome, just sharing some of my thoughts maybe it could help a few people
  • Jullessi
    Jullessi Posts: 38
    Options
    I didn't find it odd at all just utterly inspiring!
  • teamiconic
    Options
    I didn't find it odd at all just utterly inspiring!

Thank you
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I found this inspiring and motivating as well! I just started Insanity with my boyfriend and yesterday after he posted on Facebook that we completed our second day. I realized I didn't want my other friends to know I was doing it because I was afraid I was going to fail or they would some how judge me for it. But it's true, you can't fail if you don't quit and the only opinion I should really care about is my own. I have a few friends I've told, because I know they would be supportive and they aren't going to pressure me into falling off the wagon.