Hebalife, Beachbody, Shaklee etc,,

Options
Has anyone had any good experiences with any of their products? I personally feel like i'm doing really good with Nature's Sunshine herbs and meal replacement and supplements. I haven't given Herbalife a try and I gave beachbody's Shakeology a try before. I'd like to hear or see pictures from people that are taking them and what kind of results they've had if possible? Anyone out there taking any of these at the moment?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Prepare to be inundated with messages from Beachbody coaches trying to sell you stuff!!!!!:laugh:
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If Shakeology was on the affordable side I would buy it. But for me it's not. I do like all of the ingredients it contains. But i'm getting something similar for about 40 dollars cheaper per month from a very reliable company so if they can get me shakeology for 40 dollars cheaper a month I will gladly purchase it. I just really like to see success stories from people that take these products because I know they work. I've heard of ViSalus doing lots of people pretty good too.
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've used Shakeology and I liked it so much I did sign up to be a coach (to get the discount). But for me it only works when I limit my calories--but I think they would all do that. I am interested to see the answers to this post because I wonder if another one would work better... I think you should have added a disclaimer on your post that if the person is a coach or sells the stuff they have to let you know!
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me if someone is a coach or not. There's some very honest coaches(sellsmen). I personally know the product I took it for 1 month. Unfortunately I took it after I had been eating raw vegan for about 4 months straight and since I hadn't had any dairy or anything pasteurized for a very long time(not sure if shakeology is pasteurized) I felt weak and lost my motivation. Now they made a VEGAN shake and that tells me that they're putting effort into keeping their clients satisfied. And any product that contains Maca root, Spirulina and Chlorella is good and well worth the 4 dollars or whatever per meal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    They're shakes. That's all. Give you more protein for less calories. Most of them are not enough to really be a meal by themselves, and they won't make you lose weight on their own. They'll just (hopefully) fill you up better so that you eat less.

There's no miracle shake unfortunately. That being said, shakeology worked great for me when i started, for filling me up and being sweet enough to cut my cravings for sweets.
  • missdannii22
    Options
    i'm currently doing the herbalife plan, I've only just started it but lost 4lbs in my first week, any shake has to be together with healthy eating and exercise or you wont see results! The best thing i have seen with herbalife is that once you have lost the weight you want they tell you how to maintain that weight, whereas with other shakes you usually find that you pile it all back on once you come off them.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    i'm currently doing the herbalife plan, I've only just started it but lost 4lbs in my first week, any shake has to be together with healthy eating and exercise or you wont see results! The best thing i have seen with herbalife is that once you have lost the weight you want they tell you how to maintain that weight, whereas with other shakes you usually find that you pile it all back on once you come off them.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I was going to give Herbalife a try at one point but I noticed they use a lot of artificial ingredients. I have you on my friend's list so i'm excited to see how it goes for you in the long run.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    Some people were just meant to be sold, you could be in that demographic. just kidding, and good luck with your products.:smile:
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me if someone is a coach or not. There's some very honest coaches(sellsmen). I personally know the product I took it for 1 month. Unfortunately I took it after I had been eating raw vegan for about 4 months straight and since I hadn't had any dairy or anything pasteurized for a very long time(not sure if shakeology is pasteurized) I felt weak and lost my motivation. Now they made a VEGAN shake and that tells me that they're putting effort into keeping their clients satisfied. And any product that contains Maca root, Spirulina and Chlorella is good and well worth the 4 dollars or whatever per meal.

As a BB coach, thanks for that. There are some who are pushy, only care about money and give the rest of us a bad rep.
    I've been using Shakeology since December and I love it. I workout early in the orning and this helps me get a quick nutritious breakfas when time is a factor. I get a 25% discount as a coach so I can save some money on it.
    I've heard that Visalus contains aspertame...
    Good luck!
    Joe
  • blondy2013
    blondy2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Am on my second week of herbalife lost 6lb in my first week well it was 6 days x
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My wife was doing the Shakeology and I tasted a few of her shakes, and to me they tasted plain nasty. She had the strawberry and chocolate. More power to those who can stomach them. I'll stick to my whey protein shakes w/ fruit and spinach.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    My wife was doing the Shakeology and I tasted a few of her shakes, and to me they tasted plain nasty. She had the strawberry and chocolate. More power to those who can stomach them. I'll stick to my whey protein shakes w/ fruit and spinach.

Yeah, the strawberry IS bad. The chocolate tastes great.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've tried Shakeology, I love it! Also tried Visalus before, not a fan of that cake batter stuff but some like it. Don't worry too much about Beach Body coaches, yes some will harass you but some are actually pretty decent. I am a coach myself and I never post about it (no one on here really even knows I am)
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Thanks for the info. What does shakeology cost after the 25% discount? I would NEVER eat ir drink something that contains aspartame so VuSalus is out of the picture. I'm currently taking Nature's Harvest from Natures Sunshine products. Pro's - raw, vegan, tastes good with any kind of milk and it's not too expensive. Cons - only one flavor.
  • DannyWilson0417
    Options
    I am also a beachbody coach. I actually just started. I am in it cause i want to get healthy. I want people to get healthy and i want to help them. I was 291 2 weeks ago. I actually like the strawberry but i also add real strawberries, banana, vanilla almond milk and ginger to my shakes. I dont usually eat breakfast so that is when i drink my shakes. I also like it cause it gives me energy. If interested, I have a comparison chart for different shakes out there. Let me know. Now in 2 weeks doing the power 90 and shakeology i have lost 11 pounds.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    From experience with clients, those that use shakes do fine till they stop using them. So if one is prepared to pay money for the long term (since it's supposed to be a lifestyle change and not a temporary one) then more power to them. I work more on how my clients relate to their eating habits and how to do a better job with it while still being able to eat foods that they like if calories allow for it. Making sure they get their correct macro/micro nutrients first then anything else later.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jessicah12
    jessicah12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do Herbalife, but only because I love the taste of the shakes. I lost 25lbs using it in 2010 but then stalled :-( Started to put some of the weight back on (10lbs) then decided it was time to do more. So now, I use the shakes for when I am hungry for something sweet or need more protein. I keep a higher cal count now then I did when I was on HBL. I became a supervisor to get the discount of 50% just because the kids like it, parents do. So it's up to you. You have to keep a good cal count, and understand that this is more for losing weight in a short time, but eventually you will stall or put it back on if you stop their plan. Just a thought. But it's a great product and still three years later I drink my daily shake :-)