30 Day Shred Weights Question

Options
Is it possible to loose weight without using the dumbbells. Any success stories without the weights? If you have used weights how much did you use?

Replies

• irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am sure you can do it without weights. If you don't have them you could fill some water bottles or use some cans.
    I have used 2 pound weights before. I am using 5 pounds this time and noticing a bigger different in a good way this time.
    Good luck.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started out with 2 lbs and now I use 5 lbs. But I think you can start out with no weights.
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    I started w 3 lbs and moved to 5 lbs bc I wasn't feeling anything. Level 2 I just started and I am using 3 lbs, and that's hard enough. Do a couple of days without dumbells then you will probably find you will want them after day 4 because you need more of a challenge. It is a great workout but if you push yourself that is how your body gets stronger-or Jillian says somethingn like that right? lol that would be my advice. it also burns more calories using bells. That is a good suggestion about subsituting weights for something else if you don't have them I think I bought mine at Target for fairly inexpensive. Good luck, it's fairly hard but I have noticed a difference in myself in only a few workouts
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose without weights,I did it last year and even my arms shrank.
    I'm doing the 30 day shred again(I've gained quite a lot since last year) and now I'm using water bottles,just to add a bit more pressure,because my arms are just huge.
  • Angie1366
    Angie1366 Posts: 85
    Options
    I ware a heart rate monitor and did level one without the weights and my heart rate went into fat burning zone for 17 minutes, So... yes - just getting puffed out helps you lose the weight... Carrying weights as such will not make a difference except help the toning of your muscles...

Better to do it without hand weights, than not do it at all - If you do not want to spend money - then use a couple of cans of beans, or like said before - water bottles...

Good Luck!

Level 2 is hard and I stopped doing it as I started a 5km challenge!! 5 km run or walk or cycle every day.
  • Helliphant
    Options
    I use water bottles as well for the side lunges and chest exercises, but for most others, I substitute the weights with resistance bands. It certainly feels like enough effort. (To put it lightly)