Recent ankle injury, what excercises can i do now?

Options
I have recently sprained my ankle and im supposed to be on crutches till at least wednesday and i was wandering if their were any excercises i could do without using my ankle, and also any excercises that i could do once i get off the crutches but dont want to put to much strain on the injured area.If you could let me know of any that would be greatly appreciated.Thanks and goodluck all!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kitteerae
    kitteerae Posts: 65
    Options
    I have recently sprained my ankle and im supposed to be on crutches till at least wednesday and i was wandering if their were any excercises i could do without using my ankle, and also any excercises that i could do once i get off the crutches but dont want to put to much strain on the injured area.If you could let me know of any that would be greatly appreciated.Thanks and goodluck all!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    straddle a chair so you're not relying on your ankle for balance and do the upper body part of a boxing style work out. Also lots of pilates moves don't require pressure on your ankle. HTH!! :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your injury.

DONT let it stop you.

I just completed physical therapy for a neck injury. Each day the PT had me sitting on a ball doing upper body exercises. Simple with lighter weights, bicep curls, shoulder presses, etc.

She also had me put a rubber stretch band on the door and pull. She checked my heart rate and showed me i was at 70-80% for 30 minutes if I continued from one to the other.

So if you do the upper body exercises you can still lose weight.

Good luck!