running towards the me I want to be ... w/ pics

Options
Where to start ... I just love reading the success stories so I thought I might as well share my story too, if it inspires just one person that would be fabulous!

I'm originally from England but have been living in Germany for so many years now ... my English is going down the drain ... so apologies in advance for the mistakes I'll be making ;-)

As a teen I was that long and lean blonde everyone hated because she could eat whatever she wanted ... well things have changed ... quite a bit ... I just turned 31 on Monday, so those days are long gone ...

My highest weight was 172 lbs about two years ago. I got away from that by quitting the job I hated and starting running again – only once a week but just those two changes got me to 165 lbs in a month. Since then I have been hovering between 163 and 167 with no massive movement - I think the reason being that I thought I wanted to change but actually I couldn’t really be bothered to invest effort.

In December I signed up for a half marathon, which got me moving 4 times a week but it wasn't until January, when a colleague told me about MFP, that things actually changed.
Logging turned into a fun kind of game and after a few days of browsing the forums I started the 30 day shred in addition to the running. I was hooked instantly - I just love a good challenge.
When I was hit by a flu a few weeks before the HM, and on day 7 of level 3, I was devastated that it was stopping me from working out – now that came as a surprise – me missing exercise – freaky but brilliant ;-)

Anyways – thanks to mfp and a great challenge group on here I slowly got back on track and am having the best first week as a 31 year old!
Tuesday I went shopping and everything I bought was size 8US/10UK/38EU ... yeeeeeeha ... its's been over 3 yrs since I could last wear that size ... 6 here I come ;-) AND after finishing my first HM two weeks ago, I finished a 10K run in under an hour for the first time ever, today!

Progress so far in numbers:

Size 12-14 to size 8
172+ lb to 148.1 lb

I'm 5'6 / 1.7m

OK, now I'll shut up and let you see what this *bla bla bla* looks like.
(Don't have pics from the time of my highest weight, but I think one can still see change)

The side by side - January vs April 2013

936a933a-3605-41ed-8ab1-af9931368db7_zpsb930c760.jpg

This was last summer - after dropping from the highest to a plateau.

b08b9a45-2e6c-4f69-b7e0-71ddd849a6c4_zps69cbf5f3.jpg

And this is me today 30 min after the 10K run :-D

93e954f8-5842-4be4-a439-62edcad8aa6f_zpsfc6c66ed.jpg

Replies

• nosillanosilla
    Options
    Awesome story and photos!
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    great job! u look strong and healthy!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! You look great!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You look terrific - and are still adorable at 31. Keep up the great work!
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cheers to your progress :drinker: well done! Great pics and inspirational
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    You get see a definate toning difference! Good job!
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to smile about! Congratulations - you look so happy and healthy, well done!!
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Our stats are about the same but I am just now hitting the 165 mark. I am soooo ready to see that size 8 again!
  • cstein01
    cstein01 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations!
  • ljsanders8
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm 5'7" and around 171 now so this was very inspiring - in fact I read it right before my morning run and went faster/longer than I have in a long time!
  • ellitze
    ellitze Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone - it feels great to get feedback and I am very happy if my post helped some of you :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!