new member, need help

Options
MsMuniz
MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
Help. I've only been doing MFP for three days now. I can't seem to keep under my sugars. 24 is the set goal and I go over everyday, mainly from the fruit I eat. What can I do to keep it down? Also, how bad is it to go over in protein? I did this yesterday but finished fine today. Thanks for any feedback!

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    can't see your food log, so don't know where to give you pointers.

Ok edited to add-now that i can see your diary

you'll seem a common theme through these posts no less than 1200 calories a day, it may pay of in the short run but it won't last and you'll regret it

instead of the quaker chewy bars try the kellogs fiber bars they are lower in sugar - better for you all around, i get the dark choc. almond they taste like a candy bar I have to hide them from my 3 yr old

shop around look a different brands just cause something is WW or a "healthy" brand doesn't mean its the best look at the labels and compare.

you'll get the hang of it like you said its only day 3
  • MsMuniz
    Options
    ooops, sorry. I just unlocked my food diary, hopefully I did it right so you can see....Thanks!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary my first suggestion would be to eat more. At least 1200 calories a day and some if not all of your exercise calories.

My second suggestion would be to read all these threads.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103155-the-mfp-goals-wizard-and-you-yes-you?hl=yes+you
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about going over unless it is ADDED vs NATUAL (fruit) sugar!
  • MsMuniz
    Options
    so I should be eating 1200 plus my excercise calories?
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Some people on here recommend you eat half your exercise calories. I think because 1200 is the low end limit of eating, you have to eat all of your exercise calories, otherwise your net calories each day are under that magic threshold. But because of my protein limitations due to kidney stones, I am unable to get 1200 net after burning between 500 - 600 calories each day. You should do your best to try though. I agree with the person who said to not worry about your natural fruit sugars. I think the sugar limit on here is too low anyway. Sodium is too high. It should be 1500 according to the American Heart Association. So it pays to double check.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    First off... omg cute dog!!!!
    2nd.. Eat girl!!! Your not getting enough calories and not enough protein. As long as your sugar is coming from fruits you should be ok!
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    I tend to not do more than 2 servings a day in fruit....just learned that in another program I had been on in past and just a lot of reading re: the sugars in fruit. Proteins, I actually think (read) at some point you should actually get enough protein to match your body weight...now you've got to eat super super clean in order to do that....I prob won't hit that until I go into maintenance...but just something I thought I'd share that I've read over and over. I tend to go over daily on protein AND fiber....neither of which is bad.
  • k8tb52
    k8tb52 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have lost 40 pounds since January 20th, but I just found MFP. I don't usually eat as much as I am supposed to eat, but I do eat something every two hours to keep from going into starvation mode. My weight loss is slow because I am a little gimpy. (no cartlidge in my left knee). I have just started going to the gym. I ride the stationary bike for 35 minutes and take a yoga class on T/Th.
  • lauramhahn
    Options
    I'm a newbie too

this is a sample menu that will keep your sugar counts in range: (one of my regular days as of late)

BREAKFAST plain greek yogurt, frozen fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup bare naked fit all natural vanilla almond crunch granola

SNACK whey protein shake, I use GNC whey protein, chocolate

LUNCH garden city - flax and whole wheat roll up with whole food solid white tuna, no salt added, and miracle whip lite mayo, tomatoes, onion, romaine lettuce

SNACK calabro fat free ricotta cheese with cinnamon

DINNER egg whites, spinach and mushrooms and maybe some onion for more flavor

Try reading Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet: http://www.eatcleandiet.com/tosca_reno.aspx
    I personnally read and re-read James Villepigue and Hugo Rivera's The Body Sculpting Bible for Women

Be committed.and once you get in the groove you will feel great and eventually look great, too. Ease into it, gradually shed the sugar from your diet. If you exercise DO NOT eat to make up for the calories you just burned; You want at least 1200 calories a day 1200-1400 only and if you are hungry cuz of exercise, try a protein shake for an extra snack.

Good luck and do some reading.