New here, would love some buddies! :)

Options
Hi all! I'm female, 27, and have 60-80 lbs to lose... I'm about 220 right now, and it's been so long since I was I healthy weight that I'll have to see what 160 looks like and see if I want to lose another 10 or 20 after that.

I'm trying to keep up with counting calories, eating right (I do SO much better if I focus on protein and avoid simple carbs). Drinking enough water is huge for me too, I lost 4.5 lbs my second day here, but bounced right back - I think it was water weight, or nearly all of it was anyhow. So drinking at LEAST 8 glasses a day is crucial.

Life is very busy and hectic for me right now, and I don't have a lot of control over my food choices sometimes, though that should improve within a few weeks. I'm having a hard time staying on track and recording everything every day so I'm hoping some folks would like to join me in this journey, and add me as a buddy on here. Ideally I'm looking for buddies who are in a similar situation (girls about the same age and or with about the same amount to lose). But anybody who whats to be my buddy is welcome! :)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Welcome, add me if you would like!
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    Welcome, I am a bit new too, I'll be sure to add you!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will find tons of support here! Feel free to add me as a buddy...I, too, want to see how I look/feel at 160 before re-evaluating my goals.

Good luck!!!!
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    I added you :-) I have a lot more to lose then you, but pretty much around the same goal weight.
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    It's my 2nd day here...and LOVING it so far :)
    Welcome!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Such a great sight, I love it!! Feel free to add me as friend if you would like!!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me :)
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I added you; welcome aboard
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Add me!:flowerforyou:
  • bexstar4eva
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm the same as you looking to loose over 80lbs i am currently 221lbs.
    Add me :smile:
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome! I am going through all your replies to add everyone who hasn't already added me. Support is SO helpful in this journey!
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome! I climbed to my highest at 220 in 2004-2005 and lost about 30 pounds that I've kept off. My goal is 160 and beyond (if possible) so I'd love to follow you along your journey!

Best of luck and expect a friend request coming your way :)
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    welcome! i added you also :)
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    welcome add me, we share the story and weight
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wecome to MFP! You've been added. :happy:
  • bella2u07
    bella2u07 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I added you
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    Welcome, I too just started today, and I'm loving it so far. I'm 50 years of age, but I have about 85-90lbs to loose. I would love to add you as a buddy, so that we can motivate each other.
  • determined2bfit
    determined2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm all in Ladies let's rock this!!!!!!!We can do this