Eating all my calories?

Options
I have been using mfp for a few weeks now and I love it! But I am having a real hard time eating all my calories. I eat every 3 hours, should I be eating more. I have been losing weight and haven't stalled yet, should I just keep eating the way I am until I stop losing the weight or should I try to eat more.. suggestions on doing that would be great..

Thanks everyone :-)

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Some people will say yes - but I can't so I eat until I am full then stop. I leave some on the table. Still, I am losing 1-2 lbs a week so I am losing normally.
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    I am not eating all my calories either.
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been using mfp for a few weeks now and I love it! But I am having a real hard time eating all my calories. I eat every 3 hours, should I be eating more. I have been losing weight and haven't stalled yet, should I just keep eating the way I am until I stop losing the weight or should I try to eat more.. suggestions on doing that would be great..

Thanks everyone :-)

Every time I log a weight loss I go back and change my goals and it reduces my calories. Even though I still do not use them all everyday it seems to be just enough to keep me from being hungry. Are you doing that?
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day - that's what the body requires to function at a basic level - and you're feeling full I wouldn't worry about eating more.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat all of my calories, but I do eat a minimum of 1100-1200. Eating when I was not hungry is what got me to where I am, so I do not believe in eating when you are not hungry.

I took a look at a few of the past few days on your diary and I can make a couple of suggestions. 1. Use 2% or at least 1% milk instead of skim and 2. When you use the laughing cow cheese wedge, try using 2 instead of 1. These 2 little changes can help to get your calories up between 1100-1200 without overeating. :smile:

You are doing an awesome job! Congratulations on the weightloss so far! :smile:
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have never ate all of my calories! I was in starvation mode, and have slowly been adding calories back to that I do not gain weight in the process; however, I cannot seem to eat more than a set amount in any day and cannot eat if I am full.
  • quilinna
    quilinna Posts: 7
    Options
    no yu dun need to eat all yur calories but make sure your nt starving and eating your vegetables !
    but ithink yu shud drink as much water as possible
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    If your weight loss has not stalled, I wouldn't change anything. Keep up the good work.