Healthy Women over 50- new here

Options
Hi my name is Sibylle,
I joined 2 month ago but have really just been active about 2 weeks, I'm 55 and the pounds just kept creeping up. First unnoticed and all the sudden I had to buy larger pants. Dang, before you know it I'm sitting on the coutch and munching crackers with cheese all evening, can anyone relate to that??
Well, it's time to get healthy. Time to make a change, so I will be able to travel in my 80 like my Mom.
Started to eliminate sugar (heared it's the killer, per my chiropractor), next limiting processed foods and trying to buy fresh fruit and veggies at farmers markets.
It's a good start. Anyone in the same boat who might want to join me on this exciting journey??

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi Sibylle!

I'm "only" in my 40's but I'm a lot like you. I packed on a bunch before I even noticed ... the fact that I'm all about comfort and wear black yoga pants all the time didn't help keep me conscious of it either! :wink:

Like you, I've eliminated as much processed foods and chemicals as I can within my lifestyle - I'm not totally clean, but maybe about 80-85% - and that alone has me feeling dynamite. I also have cut my sodium down to roughly 2000mg a day and that's helped a LOT. (Difficult, as I :heart: salt! But as I'm getting older, it doesn't like me so well anymore)

Your baby girl is one of my bestest buddies on MFP and I'm happy to know you as well. Enjoy your journey - it can be really fun if you have the right mindset! :happy:
  • sibyllewalker
    sibyllewalker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Clew,

Yes elimanating all the junk we eat is very important. Good to make new friend along this sometimes lonely journey. Thanks for being such a great friend to Sari, she loves having such an encouraging friend to walk the walk together.
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    Hi Sibylle

I am 50 years old, mother of two and grandmother of four. I am so out of shape, and I'm just plain disgusted with the way I look now. I decided in May to do something about it, I've been on the South Beach way of eating and I've been exercising to Turbo Jam every evening when I get off from work. So far to date, I've lost 23lbs and I have such a long way to go, but you know what, I'm gonna do it, I'm tired of the way I look in my clothes, climbing stairs and can't make it to the top without getting out of breath. And Also I'm ready to start dating again, but I want to look decent (lol). I would love to be your buddy, as we both go through this journey together.