Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating all my calories?

bellanean
bellanean Posts: 220
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I have been using mfp for a few weeks now and I love it! But I am having a real hard time eating all my calories. I eat every 3 hours, should I be eating more. I have been losing weight and haven't stalled yet, should I just keep eating the way I am until I stop losing the weight or should I try to eat more.. suggestions on doing that would be great..

Thanks everyone :-)

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Some people will say yes - but I can't so I eat until I am full then stop. I leave some on the table. Still, I am losing 1-2 lbs a week so I am losing normally.
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    I am not eating all my calories either.
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    I have been using mfp for a few weeks now and I love it! But I am having a real hard time eating all my calories. I eat every 3 hours, should I be eating more. I have been losing weight and haven't stalled yet, should I just keep eating the way I am until I stop losing the weight or should I try to eat more.. suggestions on doing that would be great..

Thanks everyone :-)

Every time I log a weight loss I go back and change my goals and it reduces my calories. Even though I still do not use them all everyday it seems to be just enough to keep me from being hungry. Are you doing that?
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    As long as you're eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day - that's what the body requires to function at a basic level - and you're feeling full I wouldn't worry about eating more.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    I don't always eat all of my calories, but I do eat a minimum of 1100-1200. Eating when I was not hungry is what got me to where I am, so I do not believe in eating when you are not hungry.

I took a look at a few of the past few days on your diary and I can make a couple of suggestions. 1. Use 2% or at least 1% milk instead of skim and 2. When you use the laughing cow cheese wedge, try using 2 instead of 1. These 2 little changes can help to get your calories up between 1100-1200 without overeating. :smile:

You are doing an awesome job! Congratulations on the weightloss so far! :smile:
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    I have never ate all of my calories! I was in starvation mode, and have slowly been adding calories back to that I do not gain weight in the process; however, I cannot seem to eat more than a set amount in any day and cannot eat if I am full.
  • quilinna
    quilinna Posts: 7
    no yu dun need to eat all yur calories but make sure your nt starving and eating your vegetables !
    but ithink yu shud drink as much water as possible
  • If your weight loss has not stalled, I wouldn't change anything. Keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.