Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Hi everyone! Has anyone tried it? Apparently it's the new "it". It is supposed to block sugars from converting to glucose and fat (in case it is not burned as energy) and also it is supposed to curve appetite and cravings.

I am on my 4th day. I take one 750 mg pill about 20-30 minutes before I have my large breakfast and I am shocked to report that I have not been hungry as I used to. My main problem is 4:30pmish.. I being counting the minutes before dinner time... now the problem is gone.

I am not sure if this is a placebo pill or not... but was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    How about ditching the magic pills and potions, stop wasting your money and do it the proper and sensible way ?
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've just started taking it (Cambogia Trim). The reason is I hit a plateau two years ago, and have gained some weight. So I'm taking Cambogia Trim as well as Neutrim at night. Too early to say if it's working yet, but the Neutrim has helped reduce the bloating, which is a big relief for someone who suffers from IBS.
    For me it is just a supplement to a good diet and exercise. I'm not relying on it completely for weight loss.
  • OriginalKatie
    Options
    How do you know if she's not eating well and exercising as well? Don't jump to conclusions, mate...
  • OriginalKatie
    Options
    How about ditching the magic pills and potions, stop wasting your money and do it the proper and sensible way ?

How do you know if she's not eating well and exercising as well? Don't jump to conclusions, mate...
  • wendyc5056
    Options
    I started it about 2 wks ago and haven't really noticed anything, yet. But, I only found this site a couple of days ago and really learned my calorie intake seriously needed upped. So, between yesterday and today I feel better although the scale shows no change. Mentally I feel better though =)
  • Maridonna
    Maridonna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am taking it mostly to control my evening cravings, I do eat quiet a lot (about 1350-1400) a day, because I put in about 2 hours of Zumba almost 5 days a week. So, I don't really look for a weight loss solution... but more of a cravings blocker.
    I'm really feeling more relaxed and "Stable" but I eat ANYWAYS to make it to my calories. Before, I used to make sure to be on the range. Now, it's hard to get to 1300!

Anyway we will see what happens.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Diet pills don't work.

This pill is just another pill that Dr Oz has mentioned and people seem to run for.

A pill is not going to make you lose weight. When something sounds too goo to be true, it normally is. Diet pills are a waste of money. Weight loss associated with diet pills is due to the change of diet and exercise.
  • OriginalKatie
    Options

Diet pills don't work.

This pill is just another pill that Dr Oz has mentioned and people seem to run for.

A pill is not going to make you lose weight. When something sounds too goo to be true, it normally is. Diet pills are a waste of money. Weight loss associated with diet pills is due to the change of diet and exercise.

Well in my situation, I think it's worth a shot to help me get out of this plateau I hit ages ago. It also doesn't help that I take medications that make you gain weight, which is really frustrating. Anyway, I'm willing to give it a go - can't do any harm. I'm still exercising a eating well too, as usual. If it ends up being a waste of money, well so be it...
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying them but did a google search first and found a great amount of post about them being a waste of money. There was a few about them working but the majority was seeing no difference.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm currently taking it. I paid 1 penny for the bottle (serious). Not sure that I got my money's worth. LOL
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    the only way to lose weight a nd keep it off is diet in exercise there is no miracle pilll
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

Diet pills don't work.

Well in my situation, I think it's worth a shot to help me get out of this plateau I hit ages ago. It also doesn't help that I take medications that make you gain weight, which is really frustrating. Anyway, I'm willing to give it a go - can't do any harm. I'm still exercising a eating well too, as usual. If it ends up being a waste of money, well so be it...

I pray these "magic" pills do not harm your health in the long run. As for me, I believe that eating healthy and exercising has been working in the last 2 years. I can see the results in my body and my medical statistics. I have hit bumps in the journey, like everybody else. The help and support of like minded people , like MFP has been very helpful. I do wish you luck in your journey to health.
  • OriginalKatie
    Options
    I pray these "magic" pills do not harm your health in the long run. As for me, I believe that eating healthy and exercising has been working in the last 2 years. I can see the results in my body and my medical statistics. I have hit bumps in the journey, like everybody else. The help and support of like minded people , like MFP has been very helpful. I do wish you luck in your journey to health.
    [/quote]

Thanks. I don't think it will do any harm. It's only a fruit extract. Plus I'm taking Nuetrim - which is just probiotics and vitamins. So they can only be a good thing.