Upper Tummy Fat...Help!

Options
Hi just wondering is there any others out there who's main concern with weight loss is this....i guess i'd consider myself skinny fat as i'm happy with my weight its just my upper tummy where i carry fat that bulges when i sit, i'm really struggling because since iv joined here i have lost slowly but surely and have noticed myself toning up but this area is so tough, i'm wondering do certain foods be more prone to depositing fat in this area??...should i just keep doing what i'm doing eating at a deficit with exercise...please help, any advice be very grateful :)

Replies

• balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bumping for advice
  • FluffyMcNutter
    Options
    keep doing what you're doing. We can't spot reduce.
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    ok thanks for replying, i'll keep going as i am :) just wondering is there certain foods which contribute to fat in that area or is it purely amount of calories one eats
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    No. There's no food that will deposit fat in any particular area of the body.

You just need to keep reducing your BF% and wait until the fat comes off of there. It might be the very last place the fat comes off, though, that's something you don't have any control over.
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    No. There's no food that will deposit fat in any particular area of the body.

You just need to keep reducing your BF% and wait until the fat comes off of there. It might be the very last place the fat comes off, though, that's something you don't have any control over.

thanks yea it does make sense you cant spot reduce guess this is just where i am more prone to carrying bf, just gotta stick with it
  • Shoshona1950
    Shoshona1950 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Food will not deposit fat in your stomach, but fat does stick around organs, and if you have a dairy or wheat sensitivity your stomach will bloat. Also - WATER - drink lots of water! I feel particularly stomach heavy if I eat dairy or wheat, or if I am dehydrated. Other than that...yeah.....keep moving, and strengthen your core for strong back and stomach muscles.
  • xMallie
    xMallie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my stomach, It's terrible, I just want my little overhang to go away. I try to walk with my shoulderrs back and elongate my torso (it works the adominals in every-day situations and tightens/tones them) as well as doing bar squats and sit ups. Good luck and I hope you get a flat tummy! But remember, even skinny girls get some bulges when they sit there. it's natural!
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do have a lot of weight to lose still, but I carry most of my extra weight in my core too! Butt, legs, arms all look okay, but the trunk of my body, from my chest to my hips, carries my fat. It's frustrating, for sure! I'm tall too, so my legs look extra lean and my butt is flat when I start losing, but I still have a barrel around my middle.

I've yo-yo'ed so, I know it will come off there, eventually. It just takes time. Keep it up! We will get there!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Part of it could be your wardrobe. I have seen lots of girls walking around with muffin tops that shouldn't have to if they would just wear clothes that fit properly.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi just wondering is there any others out there who's main concern with weight loss is this....i guess i'd consider myself skinny fat as i'm happy with my weight its just my upper tummy where i carry fat that bulges when i sit, i'm really struggling because since iv joined here i have lost slowly but surely and have noticed myself toning up but this area is so tough, i'm wondering do certain foods be more prone to depositing fat in this area??...should i just keep doing what i'm doing eating at a deficit with exercise...please help, any advice be very grateful :)

Have you tried weight training? Heavy lifting gives a woman a tiny waist. Most women who start heavy lifting report that their weight stays the same or goes up a tad (muscles are heavier than fat) but they go down a dress size or two. If you don't have a lot to lose and just want to tone up, then a heavy lifting routine will help you with your body composition goals.
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    thanks so much everyone for your replies helps knowing im not the only one, and yea guess i was just having a bad day when i posted this but i know i can do this just got to keep powering on!

Have you tried weight training? Heavy lifting gives a woman a tiny waist. Most women who start heavy lifting report that their weight stays the same or goes up a tad (muscles are heavier than fat) but they go down a dress size or two. If you don't have a lot to lose and just want to tone up, then a heavy lifting routine will help you with your body composition goals.

no i've only done sets with squats and dumbells as part of dvds but not full on weight training seriously considering it.