Newbie to losing weight

Options
Mikebmth
Mikebmth Posts: 13 Member
Hi all,

I have just joined up to try and loose some weight as weighed myself yesterday and near had a stroke at the results (understand strokes are not funny but bear with me..lol)

I stand 5'9" tall and am currently 189 lbs so fat!!

Used to be 9 stone at 30 and had a hectic lifestyle of clubbing and mountain biking with jobs in factory's etc lugging stuff around so was super fit, now I am 35 and a manager that spends most of his day staring at my pc in the office I have piled it on.

No longer go clubbing etc, I do try to eat healthy but found out I have been packing 2500 calories plus a day and doing no exercise so decided its time to get myself fit and as I live 10 minutes walk from Dorsets beaches I plan to start getting beach fit again!!

Replies

• cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, sounds like u have a plan, I love this site and have made some really motivating friends and motivate back too. I whish u luck on your journey. Feel free to add if your serious xxx
  • Mikebmth
    Options
    Hello and welcome, sounds like u have a plan, I love this site and have made some really motivating friends and motivate back too. I whish u luck on your journey. Feel free to add if your serious xxx

Thank you Cheryl, I am very serious about this as my father has suffered badly from being over weight and my build is very similar so want to sort it before my health begins to suffer.
  • tiffstar714
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! Add me if ya like =)
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    If you wish to add me do so I had a stroke when I was 36 so I know it is serious problem. Look forward to being friends x
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    Request sent
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've sent a request
  • dwickster
    dwickster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI I AM ALSO NEW HERE AND IN NEED OF SOME SUPPORT. I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET STARTED BUT AM TRACKING MY FOODS. HOPE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON HERE WHO WILL HELP ME ALONG THE JOURNEY AN I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU
  • Mikebmth
    Options
    Thanks everyone.....Have added people!!

Made it through my first day with 200+ calories remaining!! Thought I was being a fat git today too but did get half hours excercise in earlier on so....

Used to love my mountain biking so once I get home from my partners I plan to service my bike one evening and maybe go for a beach front ride...

;) x