how many calories do you burn a week?

Options
jafy23
jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
hey im trying to lose 2 pounds a week. just wondering how much calories do you burn at the gym for the week? seeing if i should adjust my goal to lose as much as possible. thanks :D

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is more about the caloric defict (which varies from person to person) so it is hard to answer your exact question.

However, I burn 1800 calories on average each week with workouts - I eat at a very small deficit from my TDEE but the high caloric burn allows me to eat more and any excuse to eat more is a good one for me! :drinker:
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight is about eating at a deficit than exercising. Exercising can help make keeping a deficit easier, but it still comes down to food. I average about 800-900 calories burned a day for exercise, but I also try to eat back most of those calories (I don't want to loose LBM.). My target calories to loose 1.5 lb for week is 1980 Kcal/day net. That's the number I strive to hit every day.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set at 1lb a week, so far I am averaging more then that but based on my current exercise goals & stats, it says I should burn 2110/wk so I aim to do that whenever possible.
  • Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    on average I'm burning between 600 and 800 calories per day. 7 days a week is a goal of 4200-5600 calories per week. I don't really track this though, as I'm now doing my TDEE-20%. Which has me eating 2000 Calories/day